twenty four

Song: I saw you in a dream
by The Japanese House
( I've probably used this song before)
_________________________

(note! this is a reupload, but there's a new chapter before this!)

Kyle's (dream) POV

I wake up in my bed, with Rogelio sleeping soundly by my side. The sun is pouring it's light through the window, like it usually does, and I smile to myself. This is home.

Every inch of sunlight that reaches into our room makes everything sparkle and relieved that it's all still here. I scratch my head and try to shake out the nightmare I had before.

"Kyle."

I turn to Rogelio, but he's still asleep. Did I really think it was him who could have said my name?

No, I must be imagining things again. More flashbacks.

I creep out of the room and towards the kitchen when I hear the voice again, only this time coming from outside.

Without making too much noise I kick the wedge under the door away and open it. Nobody's there.

"Hello?"

I call, but there's no reply. An older neighbour of ours walking by gives me a curt nod.

"Morning Horde soldier."

I nod back but something feels off. Nobody, not even people in the Crimson Waste, like to talk about the Horde. I haven't been called Horde soldier in... years.

"Kyle. The sword."

This time the voice is much louder, but the street is even emptier than it was the first time.

I decide to follow it.

Despite my feet being bare, I can't feel he ground underneath me. The stones I run over don't hurt and even the hottest cobblestone doesn't burn my toes.

The voice calls me again and I turn around the corner, running down a tight alleyway towards the darker side of the Valley.

I stop when something shiny catches my eye.

A huge sword with a golden handle and silver blade is lodged in a pile of rubble, giving off a strange glow.

Is this what's been calling me?

"Kyle... we need you..."

I gulp and take a few steps closer to it, reaching out to touch it's handle. The second my finger tip touches it everything goes white.

"Kyle. You are He-Man. Astra wants your power, and She-Ra's power, for herself."

What looks like a hologram says. I shake my head and try to stop my pounding headache, but as expected it doesn't work. The hologram reaches out to me but when I try to reach back, she pulls away.

"You need your sister's help. Adora. Adora."

I squint at her.

"I don't have... Adora's not..."

I wake up with a jolt and practically throw myself out of bed. The room is big, too big. I'm not at home... my home is... gone.

Rogelio stares at me with a shocked expression from a stool next to the bed, his eyebrows raised.

'Kyle?'

I smile at him and clutch my stomach for support.

"I'll explain everything later, I promise. But now... I need to talk to Adora."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Very very very short chapter! I'll get back to writing later.

-Rose 🌞