twenty five

Song: Sweater weather (slowed)
by The neighborhood
______________________

Kyle's POV

"Kyle? Are you okay?"

Adora sits a couple of seats away from me and I smile at her to scare away my own anxious thoughts.

The war room is empty, and because of this the windows are free to cast their warmth and light over everything. Our voices echo, but not too much, fading away after a second or two.

"I think I'm good."

I shake my head and straighten up to get the question out.

"Is there anywhere I can go to find out about... magic?"

Adora nods and let's out a small giggle.

"I mean yeah, Etheria's full of it."

I frown at her and her expression hardens as if she knows what I'm thinking.

"It's about He-Man and She-Ra, isn't it."

I raise my eyebrows and my mouth opens slightly with surprise. She sighs and messes with her ponytail before standing up.

"I've been having these weird dreams, like the visions I had when I first touched the sword. They keep repeating the same thing over and over again; He-Man. You need to help He-Man."

Her voice is waving, strained from worrying, so I stand up and pat her arm encouragingly.

"I didn't know who else to ask, and since you're She-Ra..."

I decide not to mention the whole 'sister' thing. With everything that's been going on, between being held captive to escaping to my home being destroyed... it's too much. Adora smiles at me and waves for me to follow her out into the hallway.

"I know exactly where we have to go."

I nod and follow her promptly around a sharp corner where we find Catra sitting on the bench of a balcony, drinking in the fresh morning sun. She turns to us and smiles. Her hair is short, but not as short as it was when Horde Prime first cut it off. The gentle breeze runs through it and it nearly brushes off the top of her shoulders as it sways.

"Catra, Kyle and I have to find answers. You wanna come? Rogelio can come, too."

She smiles at me and I smile back. Catra stands up and joins hands with Adora.

"Sure. Not that I like going places with you guys, I just have nothing better to do."

She says. Adora rolls her eyes and laughs, the couple following me back to where I left Rogelio. I push the door open a little and smile at him, seemingly making him more relieved. He must have been worrying about me.

"Hey Ro, Catra, Adora and I are going to try and figure out this whole He-Man thing. You wanna come?"

I already know he wants to before I can finish my sentence, so it's no surprise to me when he links my arm and follows Catra and Adora with me towards the main castle doors.

After a few minutes of following, we come across Glimmer and Bow in the gardens. They smile at us and Adora points over at the woods.

"We have to go to Razz! We'll get back as soon as possible!"

She calls, and we follow her into the thicket of trees. She and Catra start talking to one another, so I take the opportunity to explain as much as I can to Rogelio.

"I guess you want to know how I got out."

I say. He smiles down at me and nods.My foot catches in a small plant with glowing tubers but he catches me as I fall, reminding me of how much he cares. Our fingers intertwine once more.