thirty

prepare for a long chapter !!

song: outside
by Calvin Harris / Ellie Goulding
__________________________

Kyle's POV

I wake up way too early.

It's barely bright outside, the only hints of morning being the soft birdsong that plays in the distance. If this was the waste... don't think about the waste.

I sit up and look down at Rogelio, who's sleeping soundly with a slight frown on his face.

"We'll get through this."

I whisper, and kiss his forehead softly.

I don't remember walking out of bed but now I stand on the just bright balcony with He-Man's sword in my hands, balancing on the castle railing with the thick blade. It takes everything in my power not to drop the sword over the ledge.

'You're up?'

A familiar pair of strong arms wrap themselves around me from behind and I smile at the sword in my hands with a nod.

"How come I never hear you wake up?"

I ask, but he just hugs me tighter and rests his chin on my soft hair.

'How come you're always awake so early?'

Apparently none of our questions are meant to be answered, because we stand in silence for a few minutes, staring out into the scenery below us.

I turn around and Rogelio smiles down at me, resting the sword on the floor beside his feet.

'I know you can do this.'

He grumbles. I smile back at him and nod.

"Thanks."

I almost flinch in shock at how familiar the setting is.

Me leaning back on the railings with Rogelio's arms holding it either side of me, both of us smiling like idiots...

We've been here before, only it was in the Fright Zone.

"Rogelio..."

A horrible image crosses my mind and I squint my eyes shut to try and get rid of it.

"If something happens to me today, I just want you to know that I love you. I love you so, so much."

My eyes fill up with tears and he pulls me in for a hug again.

'I love you too, and I know nothing bad will happen.'

He growls. I nod and hold on to his t-shirt, almost worried he'll leave if I let go, but all of a sudden he pulls away slightly and wipes my tears away.

'Kyle, will you marry me?'

He growls, and his eyes swell with tears, too. My mouth opens in shock and my cheeks flush red instantly.

"Of course I would Rogelio, but I don't know if I'll make it out alive today."

My argument isn't strong enough because he shakes his head and takes my hand into his. The question bounces around my brain and I feel giddy with both excitement and fear. Maybe it's just the lighting, but Rogelio's skin looks even more vibrant that it usually does and his eyes look even brighter, too. My stomach flips when he holds my hand to his chest.

'Kyle, I love you more than anything else in the world. I know how strong you are, and I know you can do this. And when you do-'

He takes my other hand and smiles at me.