dalkomhan chewing gum

"be with me

"be with me."

jaemin inhaled busan's beach air as he watched his friends having fun in front of the bonfire. they have reached the sea 4 hours ago and after playing with the water, they decided to rest for a bit, playing different games they came up with.

being a third year college student isn't easy, but having his friends by his side surely made it tolerable. after his parents' separation, he didn't believe that he can enjoy his life again. especially when his sister, his life, was also separated from him for years. their parents haven't talked yet so they are still not certain if minji will stay with them for good, but they decided to live in the moment.

jaemin chuckled when he saw his sister's reaction when she was betrayed by her co-mafia donghyuck, telling the group that he heard minji planning to kill mark in the next round. he noticed that they're running out of alcohol so he stood up and held his girlfriend's hand.

"wait, we'll buy more soju," jaemin excused, earning teasing glares from the group they knew that he just wanted some alone time with his girl.

on the other hand, nari was oblivious about it, smiling at him innocently as she swung their hands intertwined together. her eyes suddenly sparkled when she saw a gigantic rock formation located at the side of the beach, and it didn't go past jaemin's eyes.

"do you want to go there?" he asked, making nari nod at him with enthusiasm.

when they reached the place, they both fell in love with the sight. nari felt like seeing a sea of glitters, as the water reflected the moonlight, and jaemin felt like he's looking at the definition of happiness itself admiring the sea.

he was about to take a photo of nari but his phone suddenly slipped out from his grasp. thanks to nari's reflexes, the phone didn't get to touch the water. jaemin was stunned but he smirked when he remembered something, "doesn't it feel like a deja vu?"

"right, you caught my phone when we met last summer," nari chuckled at the thought of how they met in college. "i was thanking you but you told me to fuck off."

"those weren't the exact words but i'm sorry about that," jaemin scratched the back of his neck.

she sat on the sand ground to let herself feel the water as she continued to tease jaemin, "you told me to shut up and just leave you alone."

"i'm glad you didn't," he sat beside her to hold her hand as he leaned closer to her to place a kiss on the tip of her nose. "do you remember what happened next?"

nari put her hands on her pocket to search for a gum but she couldn't find any, "i offered you a gum back then but i don't have one at the moment."

"it's alright, i want to taste something sweeter than a chewing gum right now."

jaemin smiled at nari before placing his lips on hers, cupping her cheek with his one hand and still holding her other hand. he could taste the change of nari's lipbalm, from strawberry to peach-his favorite one, although everything tastes great as long as it's on her. their kiss went deeper as the waves touch their legs, they didn't know what happened but they started giggling between their kisses. the mere thought of changing her lipbalm variant made jaemin smile through the kiss. every little thing that nari does never fail to make his heart go crazy.

when they pulled away, jaemin found himself stroking nari's hair, putting the hair that was blocking her face. "minji told me you've been planning this trip since 3 weeks ago? but we've only talked about this yesterday..."

"what time is it, babe?"

even though nari didn't really answer his question and made him even more confused, he reached for his phone to check the time as per nari's wish, "it's august 13, 12:02 am. why? do we need to go back?"

nari smiled at him and shook her head as she reached for jaemin's hand and kissed it, making him stunned but still liked it.

"i love you, na jaemin."

"i love you too, kim nari. but you
didn't answer my ques-"

"happy birthday, babe."

❀ end ❀

❀ end ❀