04

it has been a month since jaemin and nari talked

          it has been a month since jaemin and nari talked. there were occasional meetings since they have a common friend, but they haven't communicated at all. nari was obviously hurt, even renjun noticed that something was off with her but she always laughs it off whenever he asks her. luckily, she was busy for a month-at least, jaemin wasn't the only one on her mind.

“yes, sister seohyun. i'm sorry i was really busy with school. don't worry, i'm about to get off the bus,” nari sweetly said on the other line before she hung up the call.

she got off the bus, the fresh air of busan welcomed her. ah, it's great to be back, she smiled widely. she started running towards the orphanage excitedly because it has been months since she went there.

once she entered the orphange, the cheerful children ran to her for a hug. you all missed me that much? i missed you too, she cooed at the them then she gave them a warm hug.

the children let go of her because sister seohyun called nari. she noticed that sister seohyun was talking to a tall guy carrying a boy who immediately got sulky when nari came near to them.

“i already explained to minjae that you were busy at school that's why you couldn't come to his birthday but he's still upset, sister seohyun ruffled minjae's hair when you walked closer to them.

nari gestured to minjae that she wanted to carry him. after seconds of contemplating, minjae squirmed out of the guy's grasp. the guy turned around and gave minjae to nari.

“thank you—” nari looked up at the guy that was carrying minjae before.

“oh, you haven't met before, am i right? mr. na jaemin, she's the one i was talking about. the engineering student scholar of your grandparents from this home. she's the same age as you and she also goes to the same university as you. you might not know her since she's from a different department. she's actually not that friendly but she's nice! you can be friends, sister seohyun beamed, not noticing the tension between the two.

even though they're both shocked, they both bowed to each other as a sign of respect. nari immediately turned her attention to minjae and started apologizing to him.

sister, i told you to just call me jaemin,” he told sister seohyun in an aegyo voice which shocked nari even more. who is this jaemin that i'm seeing right now?

sister seohyun smiled at him as she held minjae's arms. “come on minjae, we'll change your clothes. you can play with nari noona later,” sister seohyun said as she and minjae walked away from the two.

“sister, i'll help you

“nari-ah, stay right there. go talk to jaemin, he must have been tired playing with the children all day.

as soon as they disappeared from the two college students' sight, nari fished her phone out of her pocket and messaged renjun.

NARI
hey

NARI
what do you do when you're alone
with someone you hate?

NARI
asking 4 a friend

RENJUN
did you had a fight with one of
the children?

RENJUN
wtf nari why are you hurting
the child 😡

NARI
he's not a child!

RENJUN
oh right, jaemin is already in college

NARI
yes!!!

NARI
so are u gonna answer my
question or not 😔

NARI
wAIT WTF how did you know

RENJUN
he actually messaged me too lol

RENJUN
'injunnie, how do you talk to someone
who hates u :('

RENJUN
pls talk already i'm trying to paint here
you know hehe good luck

nari unconsciously let out a shit before she locked her device. she looked up from her phone, only to meet jaemin's gaze that has been looking at her for minutes. his gaze was warm but it was causing her to panic so she blurted out something the she regretted.

“so what did renjun told you to do?

scratching the back of his neck and biting his lip, jaemin's gaze turned soft. w-well he said, for starters, i should acknowledge my mistake and apologize to you.