32

a brightly smiling jaemin welcomed her as soon as she opened the door of her unit

a brightly smiling jaemin welcomed her as soon as she opened the door of her unit. he was holding a bouquet of chocolate coated strawberries skewered using pepero with his one hand while he was scratching the back of his neck with the other hand.

"i'm glad you haven't left yet," jaemin panted, it was obvious that he rushed his way to nari's apartment. he gaped at the sight of nari. even though nari was just wearing a hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans, jaemin thought that she was mesmerizing.

on the other hand, nari's mind became a mess. after learning that their group already finished revising their work yesterday, she planned on going to the orphanage today because she wanted to see minjae before he leave korea since he was adopted already by an american couple. she has asked jaemin to accompany her but the boy didn't give her a reply, making her confused at what she's seeing now.

she blinked multiple times, "what are you doing here?"

jaemin smiled at her before handing her the bouquet and held her free hand. "i know you have so many questions right now, but let's talk in the car, okay?" jaemin squeezed her hand as he turned off the lights of the apartment unit before locking the door. nari mindlessly let him take her somewhere.

as soon as they got inside the car, jaemin fasten nari's seatbelt then he fastened his, before he started to drive.

"what do you want to ask?" jaemin chuckled, his eyes were on the road.

nari bit one of the chocolate covered strawberries, "everything."

"then let's start with what's confusing you the most-"

"why did you hack our shared email?"

jaemin wanted to see nari's expression but he shouldn't take his eyes off the road, "to send you the revised written work? without you knowing that it was from me?"

nari quickly turned her head to look at jaemin with her eyes widened at the sudden confession, "that's why you became interested with my project? all your questions about the project were for that? that's why you were busy for two days?"

jaemin nodded in agreement, "it's not my forte, though. i couldn't really help you that much. that's why i also asked one of your groupmates, but i barely got anything from her." he stepped on the brake when the stoplight turned red and he looked at her, cautiously scanning her expressions, "just your email's password."

"you're crazy," nari couldn't believe that jaemin did all that workload for her. "but thanks, we got a hundred because of you."

she leaned towards him to give him a quick peck on the lips. "green light," she pointed to the stoplight, making jaemin look ahead and step on the pedal.

"why did you do that, though?"

"do what?"

nari looked at him in confusion, "it's not your forte and it's my project. doing that won't benefit you. i don't know why you involved yourself in such a hassle."

"today is minjae's last day in the orphanage. i know how bad you wanted to see him for the last time," jaemin didn't want to make the mood down but he confessed. "i know you cried the other day because you thought you won't have the time to see him since you were so busy."

nari thought it was sweet. jaemin could have just told her and pressure her to finish her work early but he didn't. instead, he literally helped her with that even though it has nothing to do with him. god, i love this man, she thought.

"i love you," she didn't realize that she has spoken her thoughts.

jaemin couldn't help but to smile wider as he bit his lower lip, "i love you too. did you like the bouquet?"

nari hummed in agreement, "so much. would you like some?"

"you know i hate strawberries."

nari let out a teasing smile, "but my lips must have tasted like strawberry because i already ate one. aren't you disgusted?"

"if strawberries taste like your lips," jaemin started off. "i wouldn't mind eating it everyday."

-

hi i published a renjun fic, it's a
spinoff to this book hehehe you
might want to check it out 👉👈