27

"what do you mean you're still just friends?!"

donghyuck's frustration caused some of the students near them to turn their heads towards his direction. mark, renjun, jeno and jaemin gave him a death glare because of his dramatic ass while minji remained unbothered as she continued to eat her meal.

"why are you so surprised? nari obviously still likes renjun," jaemin smiled sadly at them as he place an egg roll on minji's plate. "but thanks, though. i appreciate your effort. i'm sorry again for punching you the other day."

jaemin tried to change the topic by asking minji about chenle and jisung's whereabouts. he seemed like he didn't want to talk about nari so they didn't question him more. minji then proceeded to tell them that chenle and jisung were taking extra classes since they were both barely passing a subject in their respective courses. their talk made them forgot about what jaemin has told them but donghyuck really couldn't seem to move on from it.

"so are you telling me that nari rejected you?" donghyuck gasped, he couldn't really grasp the situation.

jaemin sighed as he sip his iced americano, "did you really have to rub that in my face?"

"she really did?!" jeno and renjun shouted in chorus, causing the others to flinch. fuck, it was a complete fail, the three boys who executed the plan thought.

renjun, jeno and donghyuck stood up to get a drink from the vending machine slightly far from their table to cool themselves down. they were shaking their heads, it seemed like they were more affected than jaemin himself.

as soon as the three weren't near them anymore, minji finally let out a chuckle, "acting really runs in our blood."

"how did you know? mark hyung, you know it too?"

mark laughed along with minji, "i didn't know about it at first, but minji gave me a knowing look. i almost blew up your cover because i really wanted to laugh when i saw their faces."

"i was searching for you since renjun messaged me that they couldn't find you. you should be thankful that i was the only one around the field last night," she teased her brother. "by the way, where is she?"

jaemin explained that nari was taking a short exam which renjun prepared since he was exempted because he aced their last exam. minji smiled at jaemin, she felt happy when she saw her brother beaming in delight when they started to talk about nari. jaemin's grin grew wider when his phone beeped, indicating that he received a message. he quickly fished his phone out of his pocket.

NARI
i'm finally done with my
exam (ノ*>∀<)ノ

JAEMIN
are you hungry? i'm here in the
cafeteria what do you want?

NARI
nah i'll just go there

NARI
i'm famished i'm so tired
i hate exams :(

JAEMIN
will a strawberry cake cheer
you up?

JAEMIN
with my hug? ;)

NARI
omg i was craving for that ㅠㅠ i love
strawberry cakes

JAEMIN
just the strawberry cake? :(

NARI
of course

jaemin suddenly felt someone hugged him from the back so he turned his head to look who was that someone. "of course i was craving for your hug too, dummy," nari giggled as she removed her arms around jaemin and sat beside him.

he tucked her hair behind her ear then he pinched her cheeks, "how was the exam?"

at that time, renjun, jeno and donghyuck made their way back to their table, only to be startled by the scene that welcomed them.

"what the fuck is going on?"

mark and minji couldn't help but to laugh at the three boys when they realized that they have been pranked by jaemin. jeno facepalmed harshly, donghyuck messed his hair and renjun suddenly put jaemin into a chokehold but soon removed his grasp.

jaemin held nari's hand as he stood up, making her stand up too. "where are we going?" nari asked him.

"we're going on a date," jaemin smiled at her. "not a friendly date, though," he turned his head to face the three boys who groaned at jaemin's teasing.

but deep down, they're relieved that jaemin's happy with nari now. jaemin, too, was grateful because of their stupid plan.