08

RENJUNhey where u at

RENJUN
hey where u at

NARI
waiting for the bus

NARI
why?

RENJUN
wait for me

NARI
you still have classes, right?

RENJUN
mr. lee called off the classes

RENJUN
and do you know what it means?

NARI
what

RENJUN
convenience store food trip
with you (♡˙︶˙♡)

NARI
don't you think i need to
go on a diet?

RENJUN
you're already healthy and
fine just the way you are, nari

RENJUN
im gonna treat u a tub of
strawberry ice cream !!! pls
wait for me :(((

nari sighed as she looked at the table filled with snacks in front of her. she was famished, but she didn't really want to eat since the girls in her class looked slim and she wanted to be too. renjun only smiled as he motioned her to eat.

nari reached for the triangle kimbap in defeat. “i shouldn't have said that i'm going on a diet,” she told renjun as she munch the kimbap which made renjun chuckle.

“i already knew even if you don't tell me. jaemin told me.”

nari raised her eyebrow in confusion. she didn't remember telling jaemin that. in fact, she didn't tell anyone about her plan. “i didn't tell him anything.”

renjun drank soda before spoke, “jaem saw you looking at the girls in your class then you looked at your waist. and he also saw you not eating lunch.”

nari was surprised. even though jaemin really grew fond of her, she didn't know that he'll be wary of her actions that much. she ate the last bite of kimbap and drank soda.

“you're making me eat all of these so i won't starve myself again. i feel like i'm going to puke,” nari dramatically sighed.

renjun started to interviewing nari about her visit in the orphanage last time. nari told her about jaemin's apology, the children's playtime with jaemin up to sister seohyun's specialty dish. renjun was intently listening to her when nari paused for a while to say something but she closed it again after hesitating.

renjun noticed nari's behavior so he asked, “what is it? you can tell me anything.”

“does jaemin have a sister?” she cautiously asked.

renjun stiffened on his seat then he bit his lip. he knew nari will know about this since jaemin became her friend now but he wasn't ready yet to talk about this, jaemin too. after contemplating, he sighed and started to speak.

“yes, she's a year younger than us. she's friends with jisung and chenle. she's in a very far place now, i think,” renjun's answer was vague and obviously lack in composition, it almost didn't make sense. “don't ask jaemin about her, please.” he added.

renjun stood up and picked up his things. the convenience store was just right beside nari's apartment and corner away from his so he prepared himself to go home. he noticed that nari became worried about her question so he just smiled at her.

he ruffled nari's hair. “you should prepare yourself to eat more tomorrow. jaemin is much more extreme than me, you know?” renjun walked away to leave.

nari also picked up her things when she noticed renjun's wallet placed on the table. she looked for renjun around the area but he was already nowhere in sight. since she's meeting renjun tomorrow, she put the wallet in her bag as she went inside the apartment.

nari closed the bedroom door as she placed her bag on her study chair. feeling guilty about renjun's expenses for her food earlier, she opened his wallet to put some cash in.

“who... is this girl?” nari saw a polaroid photo of a girl who's acting like she was covering the camera lens with her palm but at the same time, she's beaming at the camera, as if the one who took the photo said something to her that made her happy.

amidst of feeling hurt and confused, a notification sound came from her phone. it was a message from jaemin.

JAEMIN
hey, you up?

JAEMIN
i'm at renjun's house rn and he
asked if u saw his wallet

JAEMIN
his phone is dead, he couldn't
text you

NARI
yes

JAEMIN
oh, the wallet's with u now?

NARI
yes

JAEMIN
wait, you sound off

JAEMIN
are you okay?