13

“hey there, drunk texting,” nari smirked at jaemin, who immediately rolled his eyes at her remark

        “hey there, drunk texting,” nari smirked at jaemin, who immediately rolled his eyes at her remark. “i heard renjun and you were pretty wasted last night.”

“jeno told you?”

nari sat on the grass, joining jaemin. “donghyuck did. he also told me that you were trying to kiss jisung last night. poor little boy.”

jaemin closed his eyes when he felt a stinging pain in his head caused by the alcohol in his system last night. jaemin lay down to ease the pain but he groaned when he felt hands on his head. he was trying to squirm out of the grasp but he realized that it was just nari putting his head on her lap. opening his eyes, jaemin was surprised when his view was blocked by nari's hand, covering his eyes from the sunlight.

“i'm guessing you feel like shit now,” nari chuckled, right hand still near jaemin's eyes.

jaemin tried to laugh but the pain stopped him from doing so. “you know, for someone who acts cute in front of the children, i didn't think you could swear so well.”

“does it bother you?”

jaemin held the hand covering his sight. “no, i like it.”

they both stayed silent for a while, supressing a smile. jaemin closed his eyes again, dramatically feeling the field air while nari watched the soccer players on the field whilst caressing his hair.

suddenly, a ball was approaching them. it was so quick that the next thing nari and jaemin knew was jaemin was hit by the ball on his arm. it caused jaemin to sit up from his laying position and search for the person who kicked the ball.

afraid of jaemin fighting again, she held his hand to prevent him from walking his way towards the soccer players. jaemin removed her grasp on his hand then he ruffled her hair, walking towards the players. nari immediately rose up from her seat and followed him.

jaemin kicked the ball hard and one of the players caught it. “still got the skills, na?”

“i was sleeping, sunbae,” jaemin scoffed playfully, making the other players chuckle.

“sorry, that was just an accident jaemin-ah,” the player put an arm around jaemin's shoulder and messed his hair. “the team misses you, the newbies were quite a handful. no one's as good as you.”

nari was confused with the light atmosphere. she thought she would see jaemin fist fighting with the players but he seemed friendly. the last thing that the player told jaemin gave her a hint that jaemin was a part of the soccer team.

jaemin finally noticed the presence behind him, it was nari. her eyes were on him, it made him smile. he then bid goodbye to the players who were staring at nari longer than his liking. he held nari's hand and pulled her away from the field.

“you played soccer?,” nari blurted out, causing jaemin to stop on his tracks.

jaemin smiled at her. “yes, i was in the team. but i got really busy this second year.”

“there's only a month left and we're going to be on our third year. i can't believe summer term is already over.”

jaemin shook his head while smiling. “i still can't believe the boys convinced me to take the summer term.”

“you originally didn't want to take this term?” nari was shocked. she hasn't heard jaemin complaining about the summer term so she thought that he really wanted to study in summer.

jaemin hummed in response. “but i don't regret it.”

“why?”

“because i met you.”