22

nari sat on the ground and leaned on the tree behind her to relax herself

nari sat on the ground and leaned on the tree behind her to relax herself. she silently watched the athletes run around the field, preparing for a practice game. even though jaemin was avoiding her, a part of her still hopes that jaemin will show up on their usual spot.

she brought out her notes to read their yesterday's lesson since her professor might give a pop quiz which she barely passed last time. wanting to munch on something while she's studying, she searched for a gum in her bag.

nari groaned when she couldn't find anything in her bag pocket, "i finished one pack already?"

"here."

"thank you, i badly need one," she immediately accepted the offer when she saw a hand giving her a strawberry flavored chewing gum. she let out a quiet oh when she looked up to see who handed it to her.

she really wanted jaemin to show up in front of her but she didn't expect too much so she was really taken aback. especially when jaemin offered her a gum, a strawberry flavored one. he hates strawberry, he couldn't be bringing those gums for himself. those were meant for nari.

jaemin felt stupid, he felt like he was betraying donghyuck for talking to nari now. but he couldn't stop himself. the time he stopped talking to her was enough. he felt like he wouldn't function properly if he keeps this up.

nari quickly picked up her notes and feigned reading her it. jaemin looked at her and bit his lip. he badly wanted to apologize but he didn't know where to start.

he sat in front of her as he gulp, "nari-ah."

"i thought you already forgot about me," nari snapped at him, still looking at her notes. she has the right to be mad, but she didn't mean to lash out at jaemin. she felt guilty but she'll not take back her words. jaemin should learn that he should solve the problem, not run away from it.

jaemin shook his head, there is no way he would forget about nari. in his eyes, nari still looks like the young girl who rolled her eyes at him because he told her he dislikes strawberries-pure and beautiful. when he saw her for the first time again in 10 years, offering a gum for him not to smoke, he knew he was whipped again. but his friend is whipped too.

"i'm sorry," he breathed heavily. "i've hurt you, i'm sorry for everything."

nari put down her papers and began looking at jaemin whose head was hung low. that wasn't a satisfactory verbal apology. but knowing jaemin, he would apologize more through actions. and the best apology is a change of behavior.

she sat up straight, "what are you gonna do about it?"

"what should i do to make you feel better?" jaemin was pleading, he swore to himself to be good friend to nari. even just friends.

"you should never leave me again."

"i promise, i'll do it right this time."

nari smiled to him, "now, i have to look out for two idiots. donghyuck and you."

of course, donghyuck's included. jaemin should never cross out donghyuck in his mind while he's with nari. she seemed to be happy when she talked about donghyuck. is jaemin doing the right thing?