33

jaemin watched nari as she hugged minjae for the sixth time today

jaemin watched nari as she hugged minjae for the sixth time today. instead of crying over minjae's departure from the orphanage, they decided to throw him a little party to lighten up the atmosphere, and not to make the boy cry.

they failed though. yes, it was a fun party but after eating their hearts out, minjae suddenly cried because he realized that he won't be seeing the kids and elders for the time being. jaemin saw that nari was obviously trying her very best not to bawl her eyes out at the child, for minjae not to cry harder. in minjae's eyes, nari did a very great job hiding her feelings so he also stopped crying and beamed at her in delight.

"you're like a real sister to me," minjae's words were quite mature for his age, but nari felt the child's warmth in her heart. "i hope you can attend my gradeschool graduation, but it's also okay if you couldn't. i'll just attend your graduation."

nari kissed the boy's forehead and hugged him tighter, "you'll be my tour guide when i visit america, huh?" the boy nodded enthusiatically, a single tear escaped his eyes.

jaemin looked at the clock. it's already 9 in the evening and minjae's flight is on 11pm. his new parents will pick him up at 9:30 pm, and jaemin sighed as he realized that they only have 30 minutes only to spend time with the child.

minjae removed nari's grasp on him as he ran towards jaemin and jumped into his arms, making the older stumble a bit but soon regained his balance. minjae wrapped his arms around jaemin's neck and jaemin hugged him back.

"i hope you're still with nari when you visit me," the boy smiled at him. the couple didn't really announce that they're in a relationship as it was not the best time to do that so he was quite surprised with what minjae has told him. jaemin smiled as he heard minjae added, "you're my role model, i hope i'll grow into someone like you. i was named after you after all."

minjae was called by sister seohyun and was announced that his parents will arrive anytime soon. he hugged nari and jaemin before rushing outside to welcome his parents. the children and elders waved him goodbye as they saw minjae riding the car. the parents bowed to them for the last time before stepping on the pedal, driving their way to the airport.

as soon as they were out of sight, nari immediately ran to her own room, which caused jaemin to follow her quickly. she opened her room's door and sat on the bed, finally letting tears out of her eyes. she then felt someone rubbed her back as she put her arms around the waist, burying her face onto the chest.

"nari-ah, take a deep breath. let's calm down, okay? you might experience trouble in breathing," jaemin lovingly told her. he wanted nari to cry her heart out but he's also afraid that she might have an asthma exacerbation.

nari ultimately calmed down, but tears still dripping down her face. "i'm relieved that minjae is in good hands. sister seohyun told me that his parents were also a volunteer at an orphanage in america," she finally let out a smile as jaemin gently wipe her tears away from her face.

she put her palm on the hand jaemin was using to wipe her tears. "thank you... so much... for everything," nari stared directly at his eyes then she kissed the hand she was holding, making jaemin smile brightly at her.

"anything for you, babe," jaemin playfully winked at her and pouted his lips to make kissy sounds, making them both chuckle at his hilarious gesture.

nari smiled at him then he squished his cheeks with her hands. "i think i should return the favor. what do you want, babe?" she talked in an aegyo voice to tease him that she babies him.

"i did that because i love you. you don't need to give me anything in return, dummy," he flicked his forehead, making her remove her hands on his cheeks to use it to rub her forehead.

nari pouted, causing jaemin to smile and place a quick peck on her lips. "are you sure you don't want anything?" nari really wanted to do something for jaemin since she was so grateful to her boyfriend.

jaemin put his palm on his chin while tapping his cheek using his fingers, thinking really hard because he knew nari won't stop until he gave her an answer. at last, he smiled when he thought of three things.

"beach. i badly wanna play with water, it's been a while since we last went to a beach. and a dog! there's this dog that kinda looks like jeno and i want to have one so bad," he couldn't stop himself from smiling. nari smiled also, it seemed like jaemin really wanted to experience these things. "too bad, minji's kinda scared of dogs so we never really had a chance to have one."

nari giggled, good thing that she asked minji about her brother's likes back then so nari kinda knows what his answers will be. "you're so cute. you're like a baby," she cooed as she patted his hair with her one hand while she rested her other hand on jaemin's shoulders.

jaemin swiftly removed her hand on his hair then he wrapped her both hands around his neck, locking it on his nape, "ya, i'm already in college!"

"baby," she stuck her tongue out to tease him.

jaemin suddenly leaned closer to nari to whisper to her ear. "do you know what i want the most?" his deep voice made nari's heart beat faster, making her let out a soft what while stuttering. "you."

jaemin held nari's face to make her face him. he smirked before he placing a quick kiss on nari's lips. again, and again. their kiss turned into a lengthy one, with jaemin's hand caressing nari's cheek.

they pulled away for a moment to catch their breaths and when they were about to brush their lips again, they heard a knock on the door. they widened their eyes when they heard someone turning the knob, making nari push jaemin away harder than she intended. jaemin, being a dramatic ass, uttered an ouch when his back landed on the bed even though he just bounced since the mattress is soft. nari panicked, and she quickly went above jaemin to check if he really was hurt.

the door swung open, revealing sister seohyun who was shocked on the sight of the couple. jaemin was lying down on the bed and holding nari's waist while nari was sitting on his stomach, her hands on his chest.

sister seohyun gaped as her hands went up to her mouth. "i didn't know you're this bold, nari-ah," she told them before quickly leaving the two.

nari felt her cheeks heat up with the comment and she couldn't find the right words to say at the moment. she looked at jaemin for help but she only saw him smirking at her.

jaemin sat up from his position, making nari sit on his lap now, and he stifled a laugh when he saw her expression. "yeah, when did you get this bold nari-ah?" he teased, causing nari to hit his chest lightly. jaemin chuckled at her reaction and he leaned to her ear to whisper, "am i still a baby in your eyes?"