15

“why the hell do you smell like coffee?” jaemin leaned closer to nari, both too busy staring into each other's eyes to realize their proximity

nari rolled her eyes while she explained that someone has spilled coffee on her neck on her way to the wedding. luckily, the coffee didn't stain on her dress so she quickly just cleaned her neck using wet wipes but she didn't knew she still smelled like coffee. “you really do look like a strawberry ice cream on a cone. you smell like one too,” she teased jaemin, brushing her fingers slightly through his pink locks.

jaemin laughed. “i used my mom's shampoo because the color will fade if i use mine,” he ran his fingers through his hair, making him look hotter than he was already. nari smiled. pink hair really suits him.

“i didn't know you already know each other.”

a feminine voice interrupted their little moment, making them step back away from each other and turn their heads to face the owner of the voice. it's the bride with her groom. they talked for a while, they learned that minah and nari knew each other because they were unit neighbors back then.

the couple eyed nari and jaemin who seemed comfortable with each other. maybe too comfortable, when they saw the two talking with their faces really close with each other. avoiding the couple to hook them up, they decided to bid them goodbye as nari needed to go home.

“let's go to my mom first, i'll tell her i'll drive you home,” jaemin squeezed her hand as he look for his mother in the crowd.

nari shook her head, “you don't have to, jaemin. i will—”

“jaemin, where are you going—oh, who is this beautiful lady?” a female, looking on her early 50s, waved her hand at jaemin and nari's direction.

jaemin introduced nari to his mom. the girl bowed as a sign of respect and smiled to her which made the woman gasp in surprise. usually, jaemin's friends were intimidated by her since she doesn't smile often. jaemin's mother smiled sweetly, her intimidating aura became a mother's warmth.

nari giggled, “you're beautiful.”

mrs. na snapped her fingers to jaemin. “i like this girl, date her.”

“mom, i'm gonna drive her home,” jaemin ignored his mother's antics while he spin the car keys using his finger. 

his mom snatched the car keys from jaemin. “no, you're tipsy.”

“that was just one glass—”

“you know, i could just ride a bus home. it's not that late,” nari interrupted jaemin who seemed frustrated about not driving her home.

“it's already 10pm and i'm not gonna let you walk home alone,” jaemin grabbed nari's hand and placed a quick peck on his mother's cheek. “bye mom, i'll be right back.”

the two finally left and rode the bus that passed by as soon as they step outside the venue. jaemin gave nari his coat because the girl seemed to be cold in her dress.

nari was wearing the coat when she noticed jaemin being grumpy. “why do you look frustrated?”

“i was supposed to show you my driving skills.”

nari grinned, “it's okay, jaemin. you could show off next time.”

jaemin also smiled. the ride to her home was silent but not an awkward kind of silent. in fact, the silence comforted them. nari soon felt her eyelids getting heavier as seconds pass by. an arm wrapped around her shoulders and a hand led her head towards jaemin's shoulders. he played with her hair until she fell into a slumber.

nari soon felt someone tapping her shoulders. “nari-ah, we're here,” jaemin whispered.

they walked through the dark streets, the street lights were flickering. but with jaemin with her, she didn't feel scared. jaemin stared at her with his hands on his pockets.

nari took off the coat and gave it to jaemin while they were walking. “i might forget about your coat.”

“i don't mind though,” jaemin shrugged but he still accepted the coat and wore it. he found himself walking slowly, admiring nari from the back.

they soon reached nari's apartment. jaemin was too busy admiring her to notice that they already reached the place. nari waved at jaemin whose mind seemed to be wandering somewhere.

“thanks for walking me home,” her giggle made her more mesmerizing.

jaemin let out a deep sigh, like he finally exhaled after not breathing for seconds. “you're really beautiful.”

“oh... thanks. you look amazing,” nari stepped closer to jaemin to ruffle his hair in attempt to diminish the awkward atmosphere building up. “pink looks great on you.”

the moment nari stared into jaemin's eyes, her fingers somehow stopped running through his hair.  jaemin's hand found its way to nari's left cheek, stroking it with his thumb while directly staring at her. when his thumb touched the side of her lips, nari closed her eyes.

jaemin leaned in to place a slow kiss on her lips, his other hand was on her waist to pull her closer. nari's fingers played his pink locks again, slightly tugging it. jaemin bit nari's bottom lip for a deeper kiss but he stopped when he realized something.

he shouldn't be doing this.

“i'm sorry, i think i should go,” jaemin averted nari's eyes as he walked away, leaving her alone.