'We can be free, together.'

Almost in an instant the fears I first had waking up have vanished, and I feel like throwing up with how happy I am.

"If I make it out-"

'When you make it out.'

"When I make it out... we can get married someday, somewhere beautiful."

I wrap my arms around Rogelios neck and we both laugh.

"I feel stronger today, Ro. The sword... it's almost like it's ready, waiting for me to fight."

He lifts me up and spins me around in a moment of rare glee before kissing me softly.

'I love you.'

"I love you too."

***

I couldn't have eaten my breakfast faster if I tried. The thick oatmeal stuff that Glimmer slid in front of me and Adora looked lumpy and cold but it was easy to swallow down and quite filling, too. Adora looks at me now with a look of what I can only guess is concern and pats my hand.

"You okay?"

I nod and smile at the table, remembering my talk with Rogelio.

"I will be, after this is all finished."

Adora nods and smiles, too.

"You seem very happy."

I glance up at her with rosy cheeks and shrug, supposing I could open up to her seeing as she's my... sister. Still weird.

"Me and Rogelio are going to be married someday, when Astra is gone. So I know that once we get rid of her we can finally be free."

Adora smiles and hugs me briefly before ruffling my hair.

"We can do this. Or if we can't, She-Ra and He-Man can."

I laugh and we sit in a comfortable silence before she clears her throat and waves towards the door.

"There's no point wasting any more time, is there? I say we get going as soon as possible."

I nod and the feeling of anxiousness creeps up my spine again.

It's time.

***(sorry for all of the time skips / breaks, but since it's the last proper chapter before the epilogue I want to get to the point)***

The ship looks even bigger now. It's silver sides and top glisten under the sunlight and the small hatches we can just make out on the roof look unfortunately less inviting than they did the first time.

"It's time. Kyle, you get that hatch, I'll get this one. I'm getting the sword and you have to use your sword as the key to fly this thing, got it?"

Adora says into her earpiece, and I stick a thumbs up to her from across the roof. I turn to Rogelio and wrap my arms around him, trying my best to stay strong.

Do this for the waste.
Do this for us.

"I'll try be fast, and I love you, okay?"

He nods at me and squeezes my hand before letting me fall down into the hatch.

'I love you!'

He growls after me, and with that I start to crawl.

The vent is hot and stuffy but I do my best with breathing in and out through my nose and mouth to stop freaking out.