"Bitch don't ask, just say get ready best yunno I'm always down to ride. Lemme get ready, call me when you pull up. Love you bestestttt" Maddy spoke making goofy kissy faces in the camera.

"Next in line. Next in line pleaseeee" The cashier some fugly red hoe rolled her eyes as she sighed in agitation. Like damn bitch I was otp, I'm coming don't fuckin rush me.

"Ok you ain't got do allat miss girl. Lemme get a 15pc Lemon Pepper Hot Wings Combo fried hard with loaded fries and a medium peach tea mixed with lemonade." I stared at her blankly as I spoke unfazed by her lil attitude.

"Dassit?" She huffed.

"You see holding out my money don't you? Oh ok." I said scrunching my eyebrows together. This hoe is really on one, like I won't give her what she want in here. A good home cooked ass whooping.

"Mmm... name fah the order?" She said voice still laced with attitude. Melanie calm down just get food and gone on, today can still be a good day. I pep talked myself.

"Lani and I wish you would snatch this money out my hand. Girl I'll show you sumn in this fuckin restaurant. You act like you oun want yo job or sumn. I can help with that shordy. Make sure Mr. James brang my food up front." I said shoving the $50 dollar bill towards her and walking off. Fuck the change that hoe probably need it.

I sat down in a booth waiting for my order to be called so I could get the fuck. I looked down at my phone seeing a missed call from Granny. Oh lord let me call her back I know she probably wondering what we doing.

"Hey Granny, wassup?" I spoke as she answered the phone.

"Nothing baby, I just hadn't heard from y'all all day. And then Donna called and said Tony told her to drop Toniesha off but I thought y'all was picking her up. Is y'all okay?" Granny spoke curiously with nervousness lacing her voice.

"Yea Granny we alright, Uncle Tony just had to go do a job and NyNy stayed to help, so I'm at King's Wings. Matter fact here go Mr. James with my food say hey." I said tryna change the topic to calm her nerves. Mr. James owns King's Wings. He was my papa's bestfriend, so he really family. This is one of the many places my uncle launder his money through.

"Lani boo, how you doing? Here's your food babygirl, I put some extra rolls in there how you like it." Mr. James spoke as he sat my bag in front of me.

"I been doing good, thank you Mr. James. And iont like your new cashier, she very slick out the mouth like... lemme be quiet. This my granny on the phone." I said as I put my phone on speaker so my granny can talk while I tasted my food.

"Hey there Lady, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the block party but Janet told me y'all had a good turnout. You doing alright? You need anything?" Mr. James said in a concerned manner, he promised his bestfriend he'd look after our family when my papa died a few years back.

"James don't start, I'm doing just fine. Yunno Lani and NyNy asses keep me on my toes. It's good to hear from you tho. Tell Janet to call me, I gotta go y'all April calling me. Love you Lani be safe my baby." Granny said as she hung up before I could reply. Like damn can I say love you back. Now I got an attitude, wait till I get home!

"Aight Mr.James I'm gone." I said getting up, grabbing my bag and keys.

"Alright nah babygirl you be good ya hear. And don't be stunning these lil heffas they just be jealous." Mr. James stated giving me a big smile.