[7] - [Marcus Armstrong]

A/N: for EllieVader (hope you don't mind I chose this dialogue :)

TAGLIST: sweetrose33 f1ismylifelol LandoNorris m___a___r

WORDCOUNT: 991

7. "I think I'm in love with you".

"Hi, can I take your order already? Or just something to drink for now?". Marcus' head lifted at hearing the sound of your voice and his lips parted, his eyebrows rising when his eyes landed on your gorgeous face. You had a polite smile on your face, your fingers wrapped around a pen and your other hand holding a small note booklet. Robert kicked him from under the table to make him speak up. "A water for me and the chicken parmesan". Robert spoke up first. "Ehm, the ehm...". You giggled softly at the startled young man. "The pizza salami for me and a diet coke". Marcus finally said and you nodded, writing it down while the young man in the wheel chair passed his order through next. You were working for two years in the cute, little place called Monschau, just across the German border with Belgium. You learned that there were a lot of guests around the end of August, who stayed in the place while they visited the Grand Prix weekend on the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps. Every now and then you came across some drivers, like tonight.

They were seeking a quiet place to have some dinner at and they were seated at a table in the restaurant where you worked. One of them was still wearing them team gear, others dressed casually for an evening out. "Alright, it'll be here soon". You told them and you smiled at the one who had been gawking up at you the whole time. His cheeks turned pink and the other guys chuckled at his behaviour. Marcus' normal, outgoing personality had made place for a shy version of himself. "All of that because of a pretty girl?". Juan teased his friend, nudging his shoulder. He had missed his friends a lot over the past year. "She's extremely pretty". Marcus muttered. "If you want to impress her, you should do more than just stare her soul out of her body, mate". Callum called from the other side of the table, causing them all to laugh. Another waitress brought their drinks and Marcus was looking around the restaurant, subtly, to see you moving between the tables to serve others. You easily seemed to balance all the plates on your arms and you swirled through the restaurant so effortlessly.

You caught him looking at you while you finally walked to their table and Marcus shot you a smile this time, which made you return one at him. You put the plates down in front of them and they thanked you. "Thank you so much... Y/N". Marcus read from your nametag and your smile widened, gnawing down at your bottom lip to stop it. "What are you smiling at?". One of your colleagues asked you behind the counter. "The guy over there is really cute". You softly said. "I can already guess which one, he's been looking at you the whole time". She grinned and you scoffed. Througout the evening you kept exchanging glances with Marcus and you hoped they'd stay for a coffee afterwards, but they answered that it was late and that they should go back to their hotel. Marcus was apparently paying and the others waited outside for him while he walked up to the counter. "The others want to go back to the hotel. But I don't. I'm sure you know something in Monschau that I need to see before I leave this Monday?". Marcus spoke up after he paid by card and you gave him the receipt.

"If you wait for a couple minutes, I can show you. My shift is ending at ten". You told him and his face lit up. You disappeared in the back of the restaurant and he hoped that you didn't leave through the back entrance meanwhile, but luckily you came back a few minutes later with your shoulder bag, your t-shirt replaced by one of your own and your hair was loose down your shoulders now. You walked outside with him, showing him the cute streets of Monschau, the bridges with the flowers on the side that were build over the water, that all led to the historic center of the German city. After he had taken some pictures, he put his phone back in his pocket and his hand had brushed against yours before he took it. You smiled at him, your fingers entwining. You took him to the street where you lived and you halted in front of your house. "Well, this is where I live". You said and he looked at the cute apartment. "Do you want to come in for a bit?". You asked hesitantly and he sighed when he shook his head. "I need to get back now, I have an early alarm". Marcus said, clearly disappointed.

"That's alright. You know a nice restaurant to dine at tomorrow". You playfully said and it caused him to laugh. "Leave your number in my phone?". He asked and you nodded, taking the device from him to add yourself to his contacts. "Good luck tomorrow". You said and his eyes sparkled with surprise, making him smile down at you. His heart skipped a beat when you leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight!". Marcus said, gnawing at his lower lip as he put his hands in the pockets of his jeans, watching as you waved and went into your apartment. You were slightly disappointed he had to leave and considering his profession, you didn't expect him to text you either. You decided to be happy with the evening as his company had been lovely. You got ready to go to bed and just before you wanted to put your phone on the charger, the screen lit up with the text from Marcus.

[Marcus]: I think I'm in love with you