Chapter 24: Intimate Talk

Frisk

Frisk didn't expect Sans to say yes when she asked if he wanted to talk, but she was surprised because he did indeed do that.

"Sure, Frisk, if ya don't mind," Sans replied, to Frisk's utter surprise.

"Okay!" Frisk said with a smile even though it was too dark for Sans to see her smiling, or at least she thought so. She had no idea of he could see in the dark or not. That was something she would need to ask him someday, once things were less tense between them. She really liked him and still had a crush on him, and she...well, she thought she was in love with him but it was hard to tell at the moment. But she wanted him in her life forever and she wanted to get to know each other much better.

"Ya see, human, us monsters don't ever relent from harming everything," Sans said with a sigh. "I had to learn how to cope somehow...especially when Papyrus changed and became...well, how he is today. The violent and aggressive monster who scares everyone you see. He wasn't always like that. He was like you but, uh, a bit more enthusiastic about everything and admittedly naive. Heh."

Frisk blinked in surprise. She hadn't imagined that Papyrus had been that different, though she knew he had been at least a little different at some point. Her bandage hand twitched a bit in a small spasm of pain, causing her to wince. She forced herself to ignore it.

Sans

Sans continued talking, and he was glad for the fact he couldn't see the expression on Frisk's face. It was probably pitiful, and he was not wanting her pity. He just wanted her to save him from his shitty life somehow.

"Papyrus wanted to save us all," Sans sighed. "You knew that much already, I guess. But he realized the motto 'kill or be killed' was the only way for him to live, and soon he started using my powers to get to the top. He used them to trap monsters, to threaten them...all sorts. I...I never killed anyone. Ain't ever really been too interested. But Papyrus has a lot."

"He used your powers?" Frisk asked after a pause.

"Yeah, and probably still will if we don't get outta this hellhole soon," Sans admitted. He was sure Papyrus would go back to his old self if Frisk didn't save them soon. Frisk was his only chance to get his old baby brother back...

"That's awful," Frisk gasped. "I...I'm sorry."

"No!" Sans growled firmly, a bit more harsher than he intended, though it was hard to control his tone due to the pain he was feeling in his ribs, head, but most importantly, his soul. "I don't want or need your pity. Kid, that's how things go in our world...well, my bro has, um, been better since he met you up till now."

"I'll talk to him about it," Frisk promised.

"Ya sure?" Sans asked, feeling worried that she would get herself hurt.

"Yes," Frisk said softly. "Sans...I still have feelings for you..."

Frisk

"I have feelings for ya too," Sans admitted. He grunted. Frisk realized he was in pain and must be having a hangover.

"You need rest," Frisk murmured softly. She felt for his face with her non-injured hand and felt him flinch. "Sorry!" She said quickly. Then she pulled away. "I'll go to my closet and sleep now."

"Sounds good," Sans murmured before starting to snore a few moments later. Frisk stumbled through the dark until she got to her closet, where she fumbled for the doorknob with her uninjured hand before entering and flopping down onto the ground. She guessed her hand would heal soon but she had a feeling it was broken or, at the very least, bruised in some way. She pulled the blankets over her with a sigh.

Sans's smelly room was something Frisk had grown used to but she wanted to shower soon. She knew Papyrus showered daily. It was funny, though, since Frisk recalled thinking about wanting to shower for a while now but had decided she had more important things to think of. She had been too busy with trying to make friends with monsters and think of a plan to save everyone to think of even caring for herself, but she knew she had to shower. Her hair was tangled and dirty and her very flesh seemed to crawl. Sans's room made her itchy even though she had been there for a long time. She was hoping that maybe one day she would be able to help him get through things...

Sans

Sans stood up, groaning, and clutched his head. "Ughhhhhhh," He moaned, before plopping his butt back down on the edge of the bed.

The closet door opened and Frisk immediately walked out. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"My fuckin' head hurts," Sans admitted to her again. "Big hangover."

"Ah," Frisk's expression was understanding. "Want me to go get some water?"

"Yeah," Sans said with a nod. Frisk instantly hurried down the stairs and came back a few minutes or so later with a glass of water in her hands. She smiled and passed the glass to him and he started guzzling down the water, which was gone in an instant.

"Do you have any other things you do that help you with this? With the hangover, I mean?" Frisk asked. She blushed. "I...uh...haven't really ever had one."

"Yeah," Sans replied. "I shower and I also bathe sometimes. Heh. Corny, I know, but for some reason it works sure as hell!"

Frisk smiled and blushed. She seemed to blush brighter as she grinned in a sheepish way at him.

"What's with the face?" Sans asked, confused.

"Sorry," Frisk said in an almost shy manner. "Uhh...I just had a stupid idea. Nevermind it. It just got in my head and I'm trying to get it out."

Sans frowned and stared at her for a moment, then he found himself chucking. He knew what she was getting at. She was innocent, yes, but not as innocent has Papyrus had been at one point.

"You want to shower or bathe with me, don't ya Frisk?"

"Y-yeah."