Chapter 16: Argument

Frisk

Frisk listened as Sans yelled at Papyrus, all the while holding her injured arm close to her.

"You hurt her!" Sans snarled, one of his red eyes glowing with fury. "If you want her to ever be able to save the underground you can't fucking cripple the girl!" Frisk was shocked at how furious Sans looked as he stood protectively in front of her, facing Papyrus who had injured her during a "friendly" sparring match.

"I...um," Papyrus looked as though he was at a loss for words. Then he scowled. "You know, as much as I am happy that Frisk has awoken your spirit, I truly wish you would shut the hell up. I'm trying to make her strong. She won't have a hope of saving us if she dies in two seconds."

"I think I was doing great!" Frisk protested, trying not to feel offended. The two brothers ignored her. Sighing, she went and walked up the stairs, flopping down on Sans's bed. She hoped he wouldn't be mad if he came up and saw her there, though she doubted he would be.

She hadn't really talked to Sans about their prior intimacy, as she had no clue how to bring it up. He only was intimate at times...yet he still proved to be very protective of her. She smiled as she realized that he was down there yelling at his scary brother just to defend her, and that his scary brother was yelling back saying she needed strength if she was to save them...

Sans

Sans marched upstairs after having a fuming conversation with Papyrus, surprised and somewhat happy to find Frisk lying in his bed. He walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"Want me to patch that arm, human?" Sans asked in his gruff tone, though deep inside he felt concerned for the girl. Papyrus was too harsh on her during training. It surprised him that he actually thought that without feeling guilty about being weak.

"It should be good," Frisk replied with a sigh. "I just...I don't want to kill anyone, Sans. It's wrong. If I want to promote peace, I should be an example, I shouldn't be killing monsters."

Sans sighed. "Look, kid, I know. Believe me, I read history books that talked about how monsters once felt the same way as you do now." He shook his head. "But the concept is very outlandish here...hell, even I don't know what to think. I...I guess I want to learn how to think like you. The way you think is...unique Frisk." He felt his cheeks grow hot. "It's why I like you so much...though I still wanna see that hot bod of yours!" He let out a laugh at the last remark. Frisk laughed as well.

"I like you for...well, what you just said. About being understanding, I mean." Frisk added quickly. She rested his hand on his thigh bone just below where his shorts ended near the knee. "I...I want you to know that you are the main thing keeping me from fleeing this place and giving up hope."

Frisk

Frisk cuddled against Sans on the couch downstairs. She had been allowed out of her room for over a week now and she still wasn't sure how she felt. It seemed...odd. After the sparring match with Papyrus she hadn't ended up training again, which was just how she liked it. She understood basic self defense moves now and she wanted to just leave it at that. She was strongly opposed to killing anyone just to bring peace to the monsters underground.

Her relationship with Sans was...well, she didn't know. She guessed they were partners now, or at least something along the lines of that. She spent almost every waking moment with the short skeleton, and Papyrus had agreed to let him stay at home to watch her, so as long as he tried his best not to fall asleep. Frisk was truly happy with how things were going...yet she still needed to find a way to save everyone.

She breathed in Sans's musty odor, then realized how much she smelled. I'll have to shower again one day... She thought, but she didn't have the heart to ask with how comfortable Sans looked. He looked like he was struggling not to fall asleep, though.

I'll have to figure out something. Frisk was annoyed at herself for not yet finding out a way to save the monsters. She knew she had to soon. She wanted to prove that she was worthy of something...anything. And she wanted to soon.

Sans

Sans sat beside Frisk on the couch, relishing the feeling of her cuddling against him. His soul fluttered in his rib cage and it took so much effort not to tackle her and kiss her. But he just wanted to relax, especially since Frisk looked so cute there as she snuggled against him...

He smiled and was glad to be alone with her. She deserved more than he could give her, yet he would never be able to give her up.

"Hey, Sans?" Frisk said after a long time of sitting in comfortable, companionable silence.

"What is it?" Sans asked, still smiling as he looked at Frisk.

"We need to save your kind. The monsters. Soon." She said to him, looking deep into his eyes. There was a bit of worry in her sweet gaze. "It's...vital. If we don't, well, I can't stay here forever." She shook her head. "I'll talk to Asgore tomorrow."

"No!" Sans said firmly. "Never. He'll kill you on sight." His one eye glowed. He could feel it. "And we can't have that, can we?" He was furious at the thought of anyone harming Frisk, yet he couldn't work up the nerve to even stand up to Asgore. Not yet...and probably not ever.

"I have to try!" Frisk replied, sounding desperate.

"No!" Sans snapped. "We'll find another way and that's final!" He got to his feet. Frisk got to her's as well.

"Come with me if you're so scared of me getting hurt, then!" Frisk said with a hint of challenge to her voice.

"No way!" Sans replied furiously. "There's no way I'm risking my ass anymore."

With that, Sans stormed off to his room, leaving Frisk watching him with watering eyes.