Chapter 15: Flushing Blushing

Frisk

Frisk was startled when Sans pulled her forcefully toward his face to kiss her, and it almost hurt when his teeth smacked hard against her lips. Her eyes reflexively shut themselves tight, but before they did she caught sight of San's red cheekbones. He was blushing.

Frisk finally started to return the kiss, rubbing her hands along Sans's skeletal frame beneath his shirt. A sudden animalistic urge took her over and she started rubbing him more vigorously, and the two of them stumbled over to the bed where they continued to kiss passionately.

Sans made a growling noise that would have startled Frisk if not for how absorbed she was in kissing him, her lips pressed tight against his teeth. She barely even noticed his sharp finger bones as they dug into her shoulders, pinning her down on the bed. Finally, after a while of kissing, she felt his warm tongue slide into her mouth for brief moments. Then, just as soon as it happened, the two of them were done.

"Woah," Sans breathed, staring at her with a startled expression on his face. "You are...amazing. At, um, kissing." He was still blushing, his cheeks a dark crimson red color.

"You're not so bad yourself," Frisk said with a breathless giggle. She for some reason felt high. Then she sighed, her mind slowly coming back to reality. "Sans...did you only kiss me because you were lustful? Because it's monster instinct and you want to reproduce with me...or something like that?

Sans

Sans felt defensive.

"No!" He snapped, feeling a bit angry for reasons he didn't know. He always felt angry though. "I just...I did it because I think I feel more for you than just lust, alright?" He said, allowing his annoyance to rise in his tone. He was annoyed with himself for loving Frisk. It would be pointless if she died somehow underground. It would be a waste of feelings...

"Really?" Frisk's eyes watered with emotion. She edged closer to him again. "You really feel that way?"

"Uh-huh," Sans replied, his voice gruff. "Not sure why, not sure how. It just...happened. I guess you might be growin' on me, stayin' here in my closet for so long." Truthfully, he loved and admired her passionate nature and how she cared for him when others wouldn't, even if it was seen as a sign of weakness in the underground. Her determination also reminded him a small bit of his brother when he was younger...

"The way I feel for you is how monsters were said to feel before...things turned out like they did," Sans explained. "We stopped caring about love and relationships at some point...guess it's better that way." He shrugged and slumped down on his bed. "Guess I ain't anything but a failure..."

"You aren't!" Frisk protested. "Even Papyrus knows that now, after seeing you throw that magic at him!" He felt her move even closer somehow. "You are unique and awesome, Sans. You are one of my main reasons now for wanting to save monsters..."

Frisk

Frisk felt nervous whenever Papyrus came upstairs to talk to her. He questioned her on her ability to fight, in which she had to state several times that she really didn't know how to defend herself. This seemed baffling to Papyrus, who seemed unable to grasp the fact that not everyone was taught how to fight at age nine.

"Ridiculous!" Papyrus had scoffed when she told him that she hadn't been trained in 'the art of fighting'. "Humans must have gone soft since the war if they don't teach their young how to fight." He had grinned. "Well, no matter. If humans are good now, maybe I'll just have to teach them how to be merciless and cunning when we go back above ground."

Now, as Frisk stared at Papyrus four days later, she felt uneasy. She wondered if it was possible to save the monsters if all they wanted to do was fight. If the humans saw that, they might start a war with them all over again...

I can't let that happen! Frisk thought to herself. I'll have to show the monsters love and mercy!

"Human," Papyrus said. "I do not know when it will be safe for you to leave this house, but you are allowed out of Sans's bedroom."

Sans, who was sitting on the bed watching intently, frowned. "You sure, boss?"

"Of course I'm sure!" Papyrus snapped. "I am the boss here!"

"Yes, yes," Sans said before quickly averting his gaze. "Sorry!"

Frisk smiled. "Okay! If it's safe, then I think I will! But can we please start planning on how to save the underground?"

"Only if you learn to fight mercilessly," Papyrus replied with a rather evil looking grin.

Sans

Sans wasn't too happy that Frisk was spending more time with Papyrus. In fact, he was a bit jealous. Frisk spent much of her time training how to fight with him, though she insisted on refusing to ever use those moves on monsters because she didn't want to harm anyone. Sans thought that would just get her killed someday.

He knew, though, she needed to save the monsters somehow. Life was crappy and miserable underground. Sans had to watch monsters die every day.

To Sans, however, the most important thing was saving Papyrus from his own hatred and love for killing. Papyrus hadn't always been like that, yet had slowly become someone who was hell-bent on killing for power and gain. But something about Sans defending Frisk seemed to have awoken Papyrus, though he had no idea how or why. He just hoped she would be able to convince him that he didn't need to kill every damn thing he saw. He had killed monsters to defend Sans in the past, but slowly that turned to him slaughtering innocent monsters...he wondered what Frisk would think if she knew just how many people Papyrus had killed.

Sans, on the other hand, had never killed anyone, though deep inside he knew he wouldn't hesitate too since that was how he had been raised...even if Frisk told him not to.

He would kill especially to defend her.