29장

"you're joining the university dance competitions?" i clarified.

"yeah. k hyung wanted us to take a leap this time," jungwon replied.

"this is also a good opportunity for us to hone our competencies,"

"heeseung hyung's right. this will be a significant learning lesson for us," jay added.

"have you guys started preparing?"

"we're already discussing ideas, noona. the entrance stage will be a unit-represented stage showcasing various genres. the actual one isn't announced yet, but the competition isn't set until the end of the year," dongkyu explained.

"i see. well, i've seen how you guys perform and though i don't have a keen eye for dancing, i know you can do well. just believe in your team and yourselves," i smiled at them.

after that dinner discussion, sunghoon and i were left to do the dishes.

"how do you feel about the competitions?" i asked, curious about his thoughts as he stayed silent during the discussion.

"it feels like i'm finally doing the right thing. i feel happy and even happier because i get to perform with the crew," he answered, a smile evident on his face.

"judging from the face your showing, i can confirm that you really are happy ㅡ not that you need my confirmation or whatever. does eommeoni know about this?" he nodded.

"it feels even better and more fulfilling now that i finally got her support. she said they'll be there to watch the stages, but she had one wish she hopes i could fulfill,"

"what would it be?"

"she wants to see me compete in skating, for the last time..."

"do you want to do it?"

"i do. iㅡ although i chose to leave that path behind, figure skating is and will remain a significant part of my life. if not for figure skating, i wouldn't realize what i truly want, nor would i be able to know you," he truthfully answered, looking at me with a soft gaze.

"do what you want, what your heart yearns. i support and believe in you, sunghoon-ah, and i know the guys feel the same way too. you're practically brothers now," i smiled.

"thank you, eunhye-ah," he hugged me that night.

the succeeding months became busier for sunghoon, the boys and myself. along with the opening of the new academic year, the crew had to juggle their practices and preparations. i, on the other hand, tried my best to show my support to all of them in the little ways i can.

it was even tougher for sunghoon who also returned to his skating practices. there were a few times when i went with him to his practices. his mother used to accompany him to his every practice when he was young, but she had become busier now. he wanted to surprise his mother with his performance as well so he declined his mother's request to see his practices. being the supportive and caring sister she was, yeji filled in their mother's place. we have also grown closer now and i swear she is the sweetest sister i could ask for.

the entrance stage to the competition were held on september. k oppa, jungwon and jay was supposed to represent the team, but jay switched with sunghoon because they aimed to incorporate acrobatics to the performance, which sunghoon was better at. jay remained by sunghoon's side, teaching and polishing his details. during the stage, i saw sunghoon's entire family on the other side of the stadium as i sat with the rest of the crew. in the end, they successfuly got in ㅡ landing the top of the qualifier's stages.

it's december now and the competition's final and actual stage is set to happen soon. one week after the dance competition, sunghoon will be competing for figure skating.

"you know you guys can do it, right?" i expressed.

"just trust in yourselves. you can do it! get that first place, alright?" i cheered them on and we had a big group hug.

the theme for the final stage was surprisingly a cover dance, specifically indicating the emotional element of a performance. they were separated into three teams for three sections of the entire performance. all of them were in fancy outfits. one team led by k oppa wore colorful outfits. the other team, with my babies in it, were in a pink and white ensemble. the final team where sunghoon was part of were in a silky black and peach motif. all of them looked astonishing.

i left the backstage and took a seat at the audience' area. from afar, i could see sunghoon's family who brought banners for him and for the crew.

soon, it was time for them to perform. the lights were shut. the first part was k oppa's team. he emerged from the led-operated arc and walked casually to where the rest where positioned. their part was refreshing and charming. personally, i found jay the one who held the most charm.

the lights were out once again and this time, it was my babies' part. i was greatly impressed with the amount of development between all of them. it was the first time i saw jake act quite serious. jungwon shined in this section, displaying emotions i did not realize he could muster.

the final team were on and they started with heeseung oppa gracefully dancing to an instrumental. their performance was full of emotions ㅡ deep, desperate and painful ones. heeseung oppa was captivating with the way he interpreted the song through his movements, but sunghoon was equally eyecatching. i was taken aback by his eyes who flashed so much emotions, something atypical of him when we hang out with the other guys.

their three-part cover performance lasted shortly, but i also felt long at the same time. more stages came after them and now, they are only waiting for results. the third and second place were already announced and everyone was anticipant of who will take home the first place.

"congratulations, ILANDERS!"

upon hearing the announcement, tears left my eyes. the anxiety i felt before the competition in behalf of them was finally lifted off of my shoulders.

while i silently allowed my tears to roll down my face, i saw a silhouette come my way and immediately i was engulfed in a warm hug.

"you and the crew did well, sunghoon-ah," i said as i snuggled to his chest.

"thank you for believing in me, eunhye,"