12장

one horror down, two to go.

i could not believe how i was not able to expect such a thing happening. i honestly thought the boys would go for action-packed movies like the terminator, james bond (it's my childhood) and i don't know... marvel cinematic universe? how did they end up choosing horrors? worse, they went with three! some of them were shaking enough with the first movie, but they still went on. they have the courage i couldn't muster myself.

yes, i totally cross out horrors from my list of favorite things. i'm not a fan of jumpscares, nor am i a fan of eerie background music and horrendous faces. i used to be alright with watching movies of this genre, until 'it' came and pennywise terrorized my dreams. i hate clowns.

to survive the first movie, i grabbed two throw pillows on the couch and stuffed them in my face, blocking the tv. i would've left before it started, if only the boys did not pin me in place and commanded me to behave like i'm some obedient little girl. thankfully, the eerie noises were toned down through my best efforts. unfortunately, the boys who are 'bravely' watching screamed like ladies giving birth. honestly, they would've destroyed our humble abode with all of their scream's decibels summed up. i ended up shaking in fear and surprise.

out of my company, jay was the most scared of them. i don't get why he didn't protest about this whole horror thing. is it to preserve his reputation? only he knows. as for the bravest one, i'd pick my brother. he barely even flinched and just plopped his head on my lap halfway through the first movie, eyes wide open. i'm glad my flinching and shaking didn't disturb him in any apparent way. i would've also picked sunghoon, except the guy is a solid ice block. he barely spoke, which was typical of him when there's many people and i couldn't really read his expressions. i'm confused if he's not scared at all or he's just burying the fear in the pits of his amygdala.

well, now that we're on to the second movie, i have made a firm resolution ㅡ i will sleep throughout this ordeal. i just need the right mindset to get my mind and eyes shut and resting. before long, i was already dozing off.

i have no idea what time is it, or whatever is  happening at the moment. all i know is i woke up from a seemingly long slumber.

right, i slept through the second movie.

thinking that the marathon must've been done by now, i opened my eyes and looked straight ahead.

i shouldn't have done that.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

my scream jolted the rest of my company in surprise.

i shouldn't have opened my eyes because at that very moment, a horrendous and terrifying face came into view! the fear and the surprise made me sob in an instant. i felt a hand rub my back in gentle circles.

i knew my mind was in a disarray, my rationality leaving my consciousness. i could feel warmth on my side and as if by instinct, i went close to the source of warmth and snuggled myself in it, still sobbing.

it smelled so clean, like fresh linen bathed in the sun, with a little hint of floral touch. it was my type of scent.

wait... it?

i looked up despite my chest still in rhythmic motion due to the sobbing. i was met with sunghoon's gentle eyes.

"do you feel better now?" he asked.

"i... i guess?" hiccups were present as i was still sobbing... just a bit.

"you're not. you can snuggle back in again, or better yet hug me. my warmth is all yours to take," he said, chuckling.

i would like to think otherwise, but ever since the night escapade to the riverside, sunghoon became extra flowery with his words. i can't even fathom where he picked up such comments. it disturbed me big time, but not in a bad way. i'm sure my heart is hammering in my chest and my face is starting to heat up once again.

if magic was present in this universe, i'd really think he casted a spell on me.

before i could even open my mouth to answer, sunghoon stealthily slinked his arms somewhere around my waist, pulling me close to his chest.

he was hugging me.

he was hugging me and we have company! goodness, what would my babies think of this? i swear i'm not doing this intently! it's sunghoon and his sneaky motives!

i was stunned. i wanted to break free from his hug when i heard the other boys scream again, startling me. instead of hitting his chest with full force, i ended up hitting him like i was knocking on a door gently. all i could hear from him was his chuckles.

"hey! what gives you two the right to publicly display such affection in front of these young children and us single gentlemen!" jake suddenly protested.

at last, i was able to free myself from sunghoon. i immediately searched for jake in order to defend myself.

"w-what affection? it's just a hug! a hug!" i defended.

"honestly noona, it's alright. no need to get worked up," dongkyu interrupted.

"your ears are flaring, noona," jungwon commented.

"your cheeks too," taki seconded.

"are you alright, eunhye noona?" ni-ki asked in concern.

a hand touched my forehead.

"you're warm," sunghoon stated and i made another mistake of staring straight into his eyes.

"i-i'm not,"

"are you blushing, eunhye?" jay inquired, throwing me off even more.

"blushing???"

"oh, my dongsaeng is finally a lady," heeseung oppa stated.

"no, i'm not! what are you guys talking about? this is a normal physiological reaction brought by... by... by fear! yes, by fear," i rambled on and stood up, "you know what, i'll go make dinner in the kitchen for all of us,"

as i walked to the kitchen, sunghoon called out, stopping me in my tracks.

"eunhye! can i come with you?"

if the situation earlier is to be scratched out of the equation, i would've gladly nodded my head and accepted his assistance. unfortunately, i felt totally embarassed. they were obviously teaming up against me for some unfathomable reason and i am disappointed that jungwon and dongkyu did not assist their poor defenseless noona.

the world is indeed unfair.

"can i go with you?" he asked once again.

"NO," i responded, full of resolve.