18장

"ugh, my head..."

the light peeping through my room's curtain brought my spirits back to life. the blinding light automatically triggered my sense of sight and alas! i was awake.

it was odd for me to be greeted by sunlight the moment i dazedly opened my eyes. i am, after all, a lady of the dawn ㅡ fancy descriptions aside, yes i am an earlybird.

"oh, you're awake now," adjusting my vision, i saw jungwon by the door carrying a bowl of something i'm yet to know about.

"yeah, i am. my head feels disturbingly unwell and my rational thinking seems out of place. what on earth have i been up to?" i blabbered to nobody in particular.

"sunghoon hyung said you got tipsy...no, a tad bit drunk, noona," jungwon enunciated.

"me? tipsy? what did iㅡ oh, i went to that night party last night. i don't remember drinking anything except that fruity drink... punch? was it? right! the punch had alcohol content!"

"noona, you're oddly being a blabbermouth this morning," jungwon chuckled.

"sorry, sorry. i'm just trying to recall everything right now and my rationality has just started to function so that must've been it. anyhow, it was stupid of me to get carried away with drinking that fruity goodness when sunghoon informed me beforehand it had alcohol content," i sighed.

"dongkyu and i were also surprised to see you last night acting clumsily, noona. good thing sunghoon hyung took you home,"

"yeah, i should thank the guy. i can't believe i got drunk over a little alcohol content," an exasperated huff left my lips. "where's dongkyu, by the way?"

"he went to the university, noona. he volunteered to help with the ball preparations,"

"oh dear, i haven't greeted him a hapoy birthday yet. how about you? are you not planning to attend today's events?"

"he understands the situation, noona. someone has to stay behind and look after you. we can't be complacent these days,"

"you're a sweet one, you know that?" jungwon showed me an adorable dimpled smile.

"you should eat now, noona. dongkyu made this for you before he left. i only reheated it a little while ago,"

"i was supposed to cook for the birthdat boy, but thanks, wonnie-ah,"

"anytime, noona."

jungwon left the room when i started eating. i urged him to go attend today's events until he surrendered and went out the apartment, making sure i was well settled before he completely left. besides, i was already awake and acting normalㅡ except i'm still suffering from a little headache.

as i ate in peace, i continued recalling the events that transpired last night.

first, i went to attend the college night party with sunghoon. right, sunghoon was with me. the grounds were filled with college people having fun dancing and jamming to the songs the live band were playing. another thing was that sunghoon never left my side. i can recall encouraging him to go have fun by himself which he turned down.

what else did i miss?

"as my date, yes. so, eunhye, will you take this exclusive opportunity?"

that thing! sunghoon had asked me to come to the ball! at the back of my mind i knew my tipsy consciousness agreed to his offer.

when i thought about the offer, i couldn't help but be soft on how considerate the boys (jungwon and dongkyu) were to me that they had expressed this matter to their hyung.