23장

it was a good thing that i woke up at seven o'clock that monday night when i stayed by sunghoon's side and nursed him to health. i wasn't looking forward to meeting his family despite already getting acquainted with his younger sister and mother. because of that, i left his sleeping form fifteen minutes after i have woken up, making sure i left a note behind. i also fiddled with their kitchen and utensils to make him a bowl of hot porridge ㅡ my absolute must-have when i get sick.

the two boys have just gotten home when i arrived. at first, they were interrogating me about my whereabouts. they were like detectives in those movies, having the suspect sit on one side of the table with them on the opposite side and a single lamp lit above our heads ㅡ it was extra. the interrogation was cut short when i told them about sunghoom being sick. unlike the other instances when they automatically pout their lips at my mention of sunghoon or when they see me with the guy, they looked unbothered this time.

thankfully, sunghoon's fever totally subsided that night. he told me the next day when i caught sight of him in the university and sat with us for lunch. i gave him a scolding for going to school right when he just got well, but the guy did not miss out reminding me i did exactly the same.

right. what a hypocrite, eunhye.

that same day, i was also able to settle my transactions and got cleared from university liabilities. in short, i am already free to enjoy my vacation.

more than one week has passed and my life just progressed with its usual routine ㅡ waking up early, taking care of the boys, doing household chores, helping with the orphanage (without sunghoon's company) and working part-time. on days when i had barely anything to do, i either idly lounge by the living room or sprawl myself over my bed the entire day. i was: unproductive.

on wednesday, jungwon and dongkyu brought up a conversation about having a day out with just the three of us. they argued we all deserved a break from school, which i totally agree upon. surprisingly, the two insisted they pay for me. turns out they were diligently saving up for things like this. i agreed under the condition that i am going to pay for our commuting fees and meals.

with that, it was settled ㅡ jungwon, dongkyu and i are having a day out at the amusement park on saturday. really, these two are just utterly adorable. i get where they're coming from though. they're still young, and they just want to have fun.

such innocent souls.

finally, saturday came. i did not leave any expectation for the two to wake up early because they've been sleeping in until noon for a long time now that it has become their habit. miraculously, they did otherwise. i was ready to knock on their door after i prepared breakfast and washed up, but i was greeted by a shocking sight. the two were already in their chosen outfits.

after having our breakfast, we headed out to the station to catch the subway. it took us roughly an hour before we arrived at the amusement park and it was around eleven in the morning. we decided to have an early lunch to maximize our time to roam around and enjoy.

"so, what ride should we go first?" i asked.

"definitely the t-express!"

"no, the boomerang!"

"dear god. you boys are really up for dangerous and potentially deadly ridesㅡ"

"noona, they wouldn't have opened the rides for public utilization if those weren't safe and tested," dongkyu countered.

"but it's still dangerous,"

"if you fear the adrenaline, then yes, noona," jungwon answered.

"still, don't change my mind. i'm not picking a spine-chilling ride to start my amusement park experience,"