How they proposed

Start from the beginning

"My dear, not even God could separate us. I'll devote myself to you blindly because I know you'd do the same"you spoke with authority and he sighed in contentment. "Would you deny me my freedom if I willingly confessed my crime. If I told you I wanted to be your possession?" His words were cryptic, yet his eyes spoke sonnets.

You watched him in hopeful awe, "are you...?" You breathed out, "ar-are you... saying what i think you're saying?" His hand left  yours and he elegantly sunk to the floor on his knee. Your eyes widened as his hand snaked into his pocket, pulling out a dark velvet box. 

Your hand flew to your lips as the box opened. Inside was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen. It was a perfect golden band, encrusted with three large black diamonds in the centre. Around the band, small rubies shone like his eyes and it took your breath away. Passersby were now looking on at the scene as if it were a show. "(y/n), I've never needed someone like this before I met you but now, I can't live without you. Would you do me the honour of being mine for the rest of our lives?" Despite his strong voice, you could see in his eyes that he was quaking.

It took a few moments to register what he'd asked but you let out a loud cry. "Yes! I'll always love you, my darling! I'll be yours" you sobbed, happy tears running down your gold casted face. He let out a euphoric laugh and arose from the stone pavement. With one hand, he held yours and with the other he plucked the ring from the box. Your hands were shaking and it slid perfectly over your finger.

Not even a moment later, he dropped the empty box and with strong arms, held you like a bride. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he held you close, walking over the bridge as you would a threshold. 

Freddie Lounds 

Freddie wanted to make it memorable, so she set up a treasure hunt. At the end of the quest, she'd hidden the ring for you to find.

The first clue was as such;

"I'm hiding... but maybe, someone you know has a clue. ;) think of a friend..."

And so you set off to find Abigail who then told you;

"I'm not sure, have you checked where you had your first date"

You arrived at the petting zoo and immediately ran to the goats. The place was relitively empty, save for one person.

Will. You asked will exactly the same question and he said;

"Hmmm... maybe try the spot you had your first kiss"

Just like the last clues, you ran straight there, expecting to see another friend. But there was no one...

The ice cream parlour was empty. Just as you turned to leave, the room lit up in fairy lights. Suddenly, two arms wrapped around your waist making you gasp.

"Hello, honey," Freddie's soft voice whispered. You could tell she was smiling and that made you smile too. "I've been meaning to ask you something important and I could only think up this to buy enough time to set it up"

You turned to her, confused. "What did you want to ask me, Freddie?" Her cheeks flushed red. 

"W-well... umm. W-would you maybe like to ice cream with me?"

You gave her a questioning look before following her to the counter. You didn't get to order before a cone was trusted Isnt your hand. She smiled at you, "I know that's your favourite flavour. Trust me, you'll understand soon". You nodded and walked towards the window table.

The first few bites were filled with happy casual talk.

"And they were roommates" she finished. You gasped and your eyes widened. 

"Oh my god, they were roommates" you breathed out taking a bite.

CLINK

You cringed as a peice of, what you could only assume is, metal banged against your front tooth. Slowly you raised you hand to your lips and spat the peice into your hands.

"Oh my god!" Was all you could say as you stared at your hand. There, in all its wet, sticky glory, sat a shining diamond ring. Sat atop the gold band was a large emerald, which was then crowded with small diamonds. It was gorgeous, and you looked to Freddie.

She was no longer on her chair but knelt on one knee before you. "I guess you can understand what I'm asking you right, hun?" 

You cried and pulled her to her feet and into a loving kiss