The Hard Truth (part 14)

Niall POV

As Niall turned the corner he was met with a fuming Louis. He followed Louis' gaze and saw his worst nightmare.

Simon Cowell.

This was the man that eventually drove the band apart. He was always getting inside their heads.

~

Flashback

"Hello lads! As you already know, my name is Simon. I'll be watching your progress through the X factor, and possibly even after that." Niall thought he sounded like a really nice man.

All five of the boys could already picture going to Simon for advice, like you would to an uncle.

End of flashback

~

Boy had they ever been wrong.

Simon would take the information that you confessed use it against you.

He practically outed Larry. He drove Zayn and Liam apart. He drove Zayn out of the band. He even made Niall never want to see any of the boys again.

The only reason the Irish lad was back was for the fans. This was a one time only deal.

~

Flashback

Niall walked into the conference room, unsure why he was the only one there.

"Niall, come, take a seat."

"Umm... why am I here today?"

"I don't really know how to tell you this Niall. You see, the boys have all come to me separately complaining about you. Liam thinks you need to pick up after yourself. Zayn thinks you need to be more considerate. Louis thinks that you should be more quiet." At this point Niall was crying. Did they really think this of him? "I defended you, but there's only so much I can do. Please try a little harder so you don't get kicked out of the band."

End of flashback

~

That day something changed in Niall.

He never confronted any of the boys about what Simon said.

He was still nice to them. They all still thought he was their best mate. But the only one Niall still truly cared about was Harry.

Niall wanted out.

Every night he would cry himself to sleep. He was constantly insecure. He felt he couldn't trust anyone.

It wasn't until the band, 'went on hiatus,' that he felt okay again.

He surrounded himself with people he knew he could trust. Lewis had stuck by his side and helped him regain some confidence. He no longer felt as insecure, and was genuine happy.

Although the boys were to also to blame, Niall couldn't help but hate Simon.

Simon didn't have to say anything to him. Niall also suspected that he made it sound worse than it actually was.

Either way, seeing Simon meant that he was being dragged back into something.

This was no longer a one time thing.

———————————————————————————

Poor Niall :(

For this story, the character might be slightly different than real life.

Also I'm probably not going to include the Zigi family, and all of the girlfriends. (Except for Gigi and maybe Eleanor)

Hope you enjoyed!