The Truth (pt 6)

Trigger Warning

Zayn's POV

He was the last to arrive at Louis' flat.

When he walked in the door, so many memories came flooding back.

Flashback

Zayn was sitting in a huge red bean bag. The one direction boys were watching a movie. It was something like Dumb and Dumber. He wasn't paying attention because he was thinking about what to say.

He sadly looked at the boys. Niall was finishing off a pizza, Liam was engulfed in the movie. Louis and Harry were all snuggled up under a fuzzy blanket.

Zayn grabbed the remote and pressed pause, his heart beating a thousand beats per minute.

All the boys looked up at him, clearly confused.

"I'm leaving the band."

Louis started laughing, and the rest were just shocked.

"Louis I'm serious." Zayn declared,

"No you're not."

"Louis, I'm sorry"

"Get out."

"Lou-"

"GET. OUT. OF. MY. FLAT."

Zayn slowly stood up his heart shattering into a million pieces.

End of Flashback

He regretted that day with his whole being. Sure the reasons he needed to leave were clear. But, it never made up for the fact that he left. For the fact that he wasn't strong enough to fight.

"Erm, uh, hi."

"Hi Zayn."

The two hadn't talked since he left. The only form of communication was from passive aggressive tweets.

Suddenly the older boy engulfed Zayn in a bone crushing hug. He knew that he would have to explain why he left the band, but in this moment he couldn't have been happier.

As he sat down on the sofa, all 4 boys stared at him.

"I don't want to put anyone of the spot, but if we want to do this we have to solve our problems." Niall said.

"Ok, I'll start. Zayn, why did you leave us?" Liam wondered.

Zayn tensed up, knowing this was when they would finally find out.

"Um, basically it was something I knew I had to do. It wasn't like a spur of the moment thing, it was a decision that had been slowly made over time. As most of you know, I didn't really get any sleep. But that wasn't the only thing. I started developing severe anxiety. Management had me taking classes for my voice, and I was awake 24/7. I was in a dark place in 2013, and almost ended it all. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Perrie. She saved me. I also just wasn't enjoying the concerts anymore. It was just the same thing every night and I hated it. I actually didn't want to be part of the band from the very start. I told you before that I didn't want to go to the audition, but it actually took my mom hours to get me to go. But over time I realized I had to leave."

The boys just sat there in disbelief for a little bit. Zayn knew that none of them had a clue about the severity of his situation. How could they? He never let them in.

"But why did you trash talk us then? We would have helped."

"Well, I know I can't blame management. It was my fault. But they did tell me that it would be the wised way to kick start my solo career. Publicity and all."

They all sat there before Liam pulled them into a group hug. Their biggest issue was solved.  Now onto the next one.

"So Harry, Louis why did you guys break up?"

——————————————————————————-

Authors note:
sorry for the long chapter. Hope you enjoyed!