24.

Raven POV
•*•*•*•
I stood on the schools black pavement. My feet in my black converse as I looked down. I was confused, surprised, and so many emotions in one. I made my way back inside.

After Jax left, the day dragged on. It felt like it was moving in slow motion. Everyone was moving so fast while I was going so slow. Everything was blurring around me. I was overwhelmed, I needed somewhere quiet to think.

I went to my other classes with no motivation. All I could think about was what he said before he left.  Was he kidding? Was this a joke? Was he serious? No way.

I just sat there staring out the window in my last few classes. I just wanted to get out of school. I briefly listened to the lesson but my thoughts were elsewhere.

I went to my last period class, art. I sat in my chair, placing my backpack on the floor. The teacher then came over to me, placing her manicured hand on my shoulder.

"Raven your painting has been getting a lot of attention. You did really good" She smiles

"Thanks" I reply not really knowing what to say. I'm not good at taking complements.

She then walked to the front of the room to address the now full class.

"Ok guys we are painting again today. Today is a free paint day, you can paint what your heart desires." She said excitedly.

I had no idea what to paint. I stared at the blank canvas in front of me. I just plugged in my head phones and blasted my music. I would just end up painting something I felt.

When I was done I stepped back and looked at it. It was a guy with his features blurred like they were floating away. I knew the feeling all too well.

The feeling of floating. Everything becomes a blur as you keep moving forward. You feel like you aren't actually there. There are times you don't even recognize what's been happening around you.

the painting:
(i don't own this, got it off of pintrest lmao)

the painting: (i don't own this, got it off of pintrest lmao)

The teacher then came up behind me. She stayed silent for a moment. "Raven this is amazing. What is the emotion behind it?" She asked.

"The feeling of mentally floating. Everything begins to wash away." I dryly replied as I stared at my work.

I could tell the teacher was staring at me with concern. I turned around giving her a small fake smile to try and reassure her.

She smiled back but seemed like she didn't believe my smile. She said "Keep up the good work" before walking back to her desk.

I signed my signature at the bottom as the bell rang. I grabbed my black backpack off the floor and rushed out the door.

I went to the large front doors of the school and walked to the parking lot where my brothers would be waiting for me.

They stood leaning on the car talking to each other.

"Let's go" I said emotionlessly going to reach for the backseat door of the car.

"You have paint on your face" Logan laughed while trying to rub it off with his thumb. I swatted his hands away before getting in the car. 

We drove home with music playing. I stared out the window without saying anything. I felt Ryan looking at me like he was trying to figure something out.

I was just tired and needed alone time to think. So much has happened, I just need a break.

We pulled through the gates and up to our large house.

I got out of the car, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

I opened the front door and stepped inside. My father then came to the door as my brothers walked in after me.

"Raven I got a call from the school" He said holding his phone.

"About what? I literally just left." I said annoyed.

My brothers had their eyebrows raised waiting to hear what I had done.

"No it was your art teacher."

I looked at him confused. "What did she want?"

"She called to tell us about your painting today. She says you have real skills." He said happily. There was something he wasn't saying because he also looked concerned.

"Mhm what else did she say? I know there is something else." I pulled my backpack up a little higher.

"She told me what you painted about, she was concerned." He said sympathetically.

I rolled my eyes as Will asked "What did she paint?"

My dad then pulled up a picture of my painting. He held the phone out before saying "The feeling of floating, everything begins to wash away." She explained it." My dad repeated what I told my teacher.

I didn't want to hear what they were going to say. I quickly walked upstairs and threw my backpack in the corner.

I laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I needed a nap.

•*•*•*•

I must have fallen asleep. Ryan came upstairs and woke me up to go eat.

I fixed my hair in a messy bun before walking downstairs.

I sat at the table quietly while my brothers talked. I was still half asleep. Tomorrow was Saturday thank goodness.

"Raven I just finished telling your brothers but your cousins are coming tomorrow"

•*•*•*•

wowow

how was this chapter?

this was kinda a filler but i hope it was good.

vote and comment!

xo