temporary » chansung

little!jisung
temporary caregiver!chan

it sounds complicated but i promise it isn't.

~*~

"I told him I was a little, hyung, and he broke up with me," Jisung sobbed into Chan's chest, little fists clenched in the fabric of the elder's t-shirt. When Jisung had shown up at Chan's dorm, teary-eyed and red-faced, Chan had let him in without a doubt. He had a feeling the whole reason why Jisung was so upset was because of his boyfriend, as Jisung had been ranting about his frustrations with the other male to Chan for a few months now.

Chan was the only one who knew Jisung was a little (well, not the only one - Minho and Changbin knew, but they weren't as close to Jisung as Chan was). Jisung had told Chan about it one day when the two were studying for their music theory test in the younger's dorm. He said he trusted Chan enough to tell him, and that he needed someone to know other than him, just so he wouldn't feel so confined in his secret.

Of course Chan didn't make fun of Jisung or say anything hurtful. Instead he listened, and took in everything Jisung was telling him about caregivers and littles, and why he was a little. Most people knew about Jisung's anxiety, and when Jisung told Chan Little Space was a coping mechanism for stress, anxiety, depression, etc. Chan understood why Jisung liked it.

He kept Jisung's secret until Jisung told Minho and Changbin, those two being good friends of Chan and people Jisung knew he could trust. But even after telling the three of them, Jisung still didn't tell the person who should probably know the most. His boyfriend. Jisung had been dating Renjun for almost a year since he started university, and in that time the subject of Little Space hadn't come up once. Jisung wanted to tell him, but he was so afraid of the rejection that he was so sure would come with it that he put it off, and kept being little only sometimes around Chan.

Chan hadn't been around little Jisung that much to really know what he was like or what he should do, but he'd taken up doing some research in case Jisung found himself becoming more comfortable being little around Chan. Despite that, he (and Minho and Changbin) still encouraged Jisung to tell Renjun about it, and one final kick up the butt from Minho had Jisung telling him one day, which led Chan to where he was now.

Jisung was curled up against his chest, crying, and Chan had no idea what to do. He had to admit, he never liked Renjun that much, and he was sure Renjun didn't like him very much either. Chan gave off a very strong protective vibe, like he would hunt down anyone who ever hurt any of his friends, and he would, but he wasn't violent about it; just threatening in the way he looked at people.

He felt bad for forcing Jisung into telling Renjun, but at the same time he knew it was most likely for the best. Jisung deserved to be himself to the fullest, even if other people didn't like it, and Renjun was holding him back from being truly happy.

"Sung, I'm really sorry," he apologised after a moment of silence, rubbing Jisung's back up and down. "We shouldn't have forced you into telling him."

"No," Jisung shook his head, sniffling wetly as he raised his head to look at Chan. Chan ignored the tear stains on his t-shirt. "You guys did the right thing. I just wish I told him earlier so it wouldn't hurt this much."

Jisung was crying again, and Chan instantly took pity on him. He didn't deserve this, not at all, and he couldn't help sitting back and pulling Jisung onto his lap, hugging the younger boy tightly.

"You'll be ok, Jisung," he reassured, stroking Jisung's brunette locks gently. "You have us. Me and Minho and Changbin. We'll help you through this."

"H-He said it was weird, hyung," Jisung hiccuped, and Chan's heart throbbed in sadness for the other. "That I just had a d-daddy kink and was trying to cover it up by calling it Little Space."

Chan tried to hold back from sighing, but he couldn't. People were so unnecessarily mean these days, and if Renjun didn't like the idea of Little Space, he could've just said that instead of insulting Jisung.

"He's stupid," Chan replied, although there were plenty of other things he wanted to call him. "He doesn't and never did deserve you, Sung. You're worth a billion times more than him."

"But w-what am I gonna do now, hyung?" Jisung sobbed, looking up at Chan and wiping his eyes with his tiny fists. "I'm a little without a caregiver. I mean, I was always a little without a caregiver, but I was hopeful that I would have one in Renjun. Now I have nothing."

Chan cupped Jisung's face gently, tipping his face upwards with the hands on his cheeks so Jisung was making eye contact with Chan. "You have us, Jisung. And I know it's not the same but we're here to support you. Actually, wait here I have something for you."

Jisung let Chan get up from the bed and watched as he walked over to the wardrobe, bending down and pulling out something wrapped in wrapping paper. It looked big, and Jisung eyed it curiously as Chan walked back over to the bed. He sat back down opposite Jisung this time and pushed the box over to him.

"This was supposed to be a birthday present, but I think you deserve it now," Chan explained, watching as Jisung picked up the box hesitantly.

He sniffled. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'll just get you something else for your birthday."

Without needing to be told twice, Jisung ripped off the wrapping paper. Even in moments like these, Jisung was still himself - clumsy and impatient. Chan found it endearing. Underneath the wrapping paper was a pastel pink box with a brand name on it that Jisung instantly recognised.

He looked up at Chan, shocked. "Hyung, you didn't..."

"I wanted to, Sung," the elder smiled and Jisung looked back down at the shiny box. When he opened it, he gasped softly at the array of items inside. During his research into Little Space, Chan found a store online that sold Little Space accessories like toys, clothes, dummies, etc. and with Jisung's birthday only being a few months away, Chan decided to buy him some of the items. He had bought Jisung three t-shirts, two dummies and a squirrel plushie for the younger to sleep with.

Jisung picked up the toy first and tears filled his eyes again as he hugged it tight, letting himself cry quietly at the warmth and security the toy provided.

"Don't cry, Sung, it's ok," Chan reassured, placing the box on the floor and pulling Jisung close to him without anything in the way.

"I'm alone, hyung," Jisung sobbed, breaking down into tears as he snuggled closer to Chan and held the plushie tighter. "No one wants me."

"Shh," Chan shushed gently, stroking Jisung's hair. He toyed with an idea in his head for a bit despite knowing it was risky. But seeing Jisung in his arms, so vulnerable and small, Chan had to do it. "Tell you what, Sungie. Why don't I be your caregiver? Temporarily."

Jisung looked up at Chan again, eyes teary and filled with tears. He looked confused, but not completely opposed to the idea.

"What do you...I don't..." Jisung cut himself off weakly, not fully understanding.

"Just until you find someone else," Chan clarified. "I can be your caregiver until you start dating someone else - only if you want to, of course. Don't feel pressured to say yes."

Jisung gnawed on the inside of his cheek anxiously, sniffling. "I trust you, hyung."

Chan couldn't fight the smile that spread across his lips. Despite this only being temporary and knowing Chan would have to tear himself away from Jisung when he found someone else, the blonde felt happy. At least he would get Jisung to himself for a little bit.

~*~

BBSUNGIES chose renjun to be jisung's ex not me so kill her not me thank you very much.

ok but seriously don't attack her or i'll kill you instead