english lessons » changlix

little!felix
caregiver!changbin

note: bold words are them speaking english!

~*~

"N-Nice- nice weat- weather? Nice weather we are...having? Today," Changbin mumbled to himself, shaking his head with a sigh as he attempted to copy down the English letters.

Since their Unveil Tour in Europe was starting soon, Changbin figured he would brush up on his non-existent English skills so that he could at least speak one full sentence in English. Unfortunately, his efforts were getting him nowhere as he still failed to even pronounce the words properly.

"What's Daddy doing?" Felix asked as he skipped into the dorm room happily, his little smile fading when he saw the stressed out look on Changbin's face. "Daddy no happy?"

"Daddy's fine, babydoll," Changbin forced himself to smile as convincingly as he could, and Felix was fooled by it.

"Can I sit with Daddy, pwease?" The little asked, rocking himself back and forth on his feet. "Channie had to go and do bowing work stuff, so I have no one to sit with."

"Of course you can, darling," Changbin replied, pushing his chair out to make room for Felix, who climbed on his caregiver's lap happily.

"Thank you, Daddy," he said, looking up at Changbin with a bright smile on his face.

"You're very welcome, princess," he replied, rubbing the skin exposed from the shorts Felix was wearing.

Felix looked down at the book Changbin had on the desk in front of him, cocking his head to the side in confusion until he began to read the words and understand them.

"Daddy, this is Engwish!" He exclaimed happily, pointing to the book as he looked up at Changbin. "Daddy's wearning Engwish?"

Changbin chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of his neck, looking down at Felix who was simultaneously looking up at Changbin with his head still cocked to the side.

"Well...Daddy's trying to, buttercup," Changbin answered, and Felix's eyes seemed to light up at hearing that.

"Ooh ooh, will Daddy wet me teach him? Pwetty pwease!" Felix begged, joining his hands in front of him just above his face and giving Changbin his best puppy-dog eyes.

Changbin had thought about asking either Chan or Felix for help on learning English, but he would never admit that he felt embarrassed about needing to ask a younger member for help, or even Chan since he was always busy enough as it was.

"If you want to, baby," he eventually answered, giving Felix the final choice of whether he wanted to teach him.

"I want to, Daddy!" Felix exclaimed excitedly, clapping his hands before picking up the book from the desk and setting it in his lap. "Ok! Daddy say to me what he's weawned so far?"

Changbin gulped and nodded, opting for not looking at Felix's cute little excited face while he struggled to remember the pronounciation.

"Nice weather we are having today?" He began, ending the sentence as more of a question as he looked down at Felix, silently asking if he was correct. And judging by the way Felix was looking at him, Changbin supposed he wasn't correct.

"But Daddy, it's waining outside," Felix replied cutely, and Changbin looked to the window on his left to see that it was indeed raining. "Daddy doesn't know what 'nice weather we're having today' means, does he?"

Sighing, Changbin shook his head. "I don't, baby."

"No wowwy, Daddy! Wixie teach you!" Felix exclaimed happily. "'Nice' means good, Daddy! Kind of wike pwetty! And waining isn't pwetty, Daddy. It's messy and cold! So if the weather was sunny and warm, then it would be nice weather, Daddy!"

Changbin nodded his understanding, leaning over Felix's body to grab his pencil and notebook from the desk and scribble down what Felix had just said before leaning back in his seat.

"So, does Daddy know how to say the weather is no good?" Felix asked, and Changbin hummed.

"I'll try, baby," he answered, thinking for a moment before speaking. "B-Bad? Bad weather we are having today?"

This time, Felix nodded happily, giggling as he watched his Daddy sigh in relief at getting it right.

"Sometimes, Daddy, even if the weather is bad, people say it's nice weather to be sarcastic!" Felix explained, and Changbin raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Why would anyone say the weather is nice when it isn't?" He asked, and Felix giggled again at how confused Changbin was getting.

"'Cus it's funny, Daddy!" The little answered. "No wowwy, Daddy; Wixie will teach Daddy evewything about Engwish!"

~*~

little felix and jisung are my favourites omg