Chapter Twelve - My Kidnapping

PART TWELVE

Bold italic = communication through the mind

Italics = Sign language

Astrid's POV - Unedited. 

'actually maybe I'll just show you' Before Rebekah could say anything our world went dark and the both of us were dragged into my memories. 

I was eight when it happened. Elena was only a young toddler and I was happy eight year old with a talent for having excessive energy. The day it happened it was windy and cold in the out skirts of Mystic falls. My father had recently done a job for Mayor Lockwood and for a break we went for a picnic near the town line with my mother and sister and baby Jeremy. I ran around the fields as mum and dad sat comfortable in each others arms with Elena and Jeremy. One minute I was calling out to my parents and the next minute I was being grabbed by someone from behind. It went so quickly, I felt dizzy and confused and the shapes and pictures of my memories went blurry as we went alone. 

Then the next thing I remember I was in the basement of some abandoned building or house. It was dark and damp the floor was covered in water and I was strapped to a chair tightly with a gagged in my mouth. That was the first time I saw Lewis, he stood tall over my small body as he looked down at me. 

"I've been searching for a powerful witch like you for a long time... your going to be perfect for my spell little witch.." I looked scared and confused at the men. "I can see the confusion.. Maybe your magic hasn't surfaced yet" I screamed through my gag trying to back away from the man but it wasn't working. I could and so could Rebekah sense the insanity coming off the man infant of my right year old self. "Maybe a little bit of fun will coax it out of you" at this point I was so terrified that I closed my eyes tight shut trying to imagine I wasn't there. But all around out in my memory you could hear my heart beat rise, the sweat dribble down my face and the mere terrified thoughts that came with it. 

Next thing I know the scene changed again, Lewis drew his knife along the top half of my back again and again trying to make me use even a tiny bit of my magic. Nothing seemed to work as the man got angrier and angrier. This had to be the worst memory in my life. Then came the moment that ended my speech. 

"Is this how you" Rebekah looked at me and I nodded in silence. Then it happened Lewis dragged the knife clean across my neck. I was surprised how I survived this, I honestly couldn't remember who saved me. But reliving it I saw his face again. My power surged through my body throwing Lewis body across the room and the person that appeared in my memory shocked me. Niklaus stood above my dying body as he fee me his blood and then the memory ended. 

'how I don't even remember him being there?' I stated confused as Rebekah and I sat in the car. 

"So my brothers met you before.." I laughed a little thinking back to the 1920s. 

'Actually his met me also in the 1920s.. don't you remember a girl with Niklaus the night before you got dagger. She laughed at Stefan..." Rebekahs eyes widened. 

"that was you" I didn't looked at her but I nodded as Rebekah started the engine of the car. "Now why don't we go shopping" That was when I realised what I got myself into. 

'must we really'  Rebekah only smiled evilly as she drove away. 

"Of course.. we need to dress you up a little make my brother see what his missing" I gagged at Rebekahs response. 

'beck are you serious right now.. I'm not into your brother' she laughed as we drove in a comfortable silence.

"Off honey if only you knew"