Chapter One - Aunt Jenna

song - A Thousand years by Christina Perry.

"It Feels 

"It Feels 

like coming home,

after being gone too long,

the way I gravitate to

the good in you..."

Bold italic = communication through the mind

Italics = Sign language 

Astrid's POV - edited. 

As I sprung from my deep slumber in sobs, I couldn't help but grab my chest in pain thinking of the nightmare I just had. Lately they've gotten worse, seeing his face over and over again like his getting closer to me; Its like whomever he is there's some type of connection. His pained smile as he kills them stains my memory in red, I could see deep down inside the killing was getting unbearable but I just couldn't figure out why and who he was. The older I got the closer I felt to him, it was like this cosmic connection that I just couldn't figure out. Ever since I could remember I've been drawn to him, his been in my dreams, my subconscious, my every waking thought that somedays I find myself going crazy trying to figure out who he is. Its weird how I think I can feel his pain; some days I wake up screaming like my heart's been pulled out of my chest. However, I choose to ignore the inevitable rather than dwell on the fact that something strange is happening. 

I rolled over and slipped out of bed to see a someone had blown up my phone. I picked it up and I almost dropped it in shock at the messages pilled up. 

Elena:

I'm sorry to tell you like this sissy but... but Aunt Jenna is dead. We need you home more than ever, I hope you can make it back for the funeral.

Jeremy:

I miss you so much Astrid, I hope you can make it home soon. I know by now Elena has probably bombard you with messages, but this is just me letting you know I'm thinking of you and hoping that you will make it home. Everything has gone to hell and without you I don't know how much longer we can survive your our only other family left. Hope to see you soon your loving brother Jeremy.

Bonnie:

Hey Astrid, I know we only talked not that long ago but I know you should hear it from me. We've all lied and things have been happening back at Mystic falls, I hope to see you at the funeral for your Aunt Jenna. Love Bonnie.

I let out a weak sob as I read them, Aunt Jenna was dead and I wasn't even there. Yet another family member who isn't with us, and I did nothing to stop it. I dropped to the floor as my silent cries for help couldn't be heard.