Chapter Fifty Seven - Tensions are High

PART FIFTY SEVEN

Bold italic = communication through the mind

Italics = Sign language

Astrid's POV - Unedited. 

I can't believe him. That's all my mind has been telling me this entire morning and not that it was night I was exhausted. I'm currently sitting at the opposite end of the table watching as Klaus makes a speech to a bunch of vampires. Some of them stared at me, and some of them completely ignored me. Truely, all I wanted to do right now was either be in my room painting, hanging out with Davina, or my best friend  Lamira who had seemed to drop off the face of the earth but I guess she's always done that sometimes. 

I adjusted myself trying to get comfortable but the longer I sat here the more I felt uncomfortable. what creeped me out even more was the waiters, Klaus insisted it was to gain the others trust and loyalty. He said A full stomach makes for great conversations. I watched as they slit there wrist and my own stomach growled a little, a didn't want the blood but I did want something. Maybe chicken and peanut butter, I looked off in thought as Klaus continued to talk thinking of all the possible combinations that sounded nice. 

But what suddenly pulled me out of thought was one of his vampires pointing at me. 

"And what about the wolf?" I let out a growl, sitting up in my chair I looked at the man as he stared at me. 

'You know I'm not just a wolf little vampire I could make you fall to your knees with just a look if I wanted to' No one else could hear me but everyone noticed me smiling at him as he shuttered uneasily. 

"Had you let me finish Diego.. I assure you she doesn't like being referred to as just a wolf, she's my fiancee soon to be wife.. and soulmate, treat her with respect please" Everyone stopped to stare at me with wide eyes. I shifted uncomfortably as they did. I didn't like attention I never had, but I guess being with Klaus came with the attention. He was after all the original Hybrid. "But, what I will make clear is Astrid is carrying my children. Now there's a nasty rumour going around that I intend to use the blood of my children to make more Hybrids. There will be nothing of the sort, I do not care to make Hybrids anymore but take care of my children and soon to be wife. By the looks of it though," Klaus walked away from me and back to his own seat I could tell him taking a good long look at everyone of them. "I'm going to have to gain your trust. Well then you're route to all this anxiety is the wolves, go on have yourself a merry little hunt and kill them all." I rolled my eyes at Niklaus not believing what he was saying. But chose to ignore his dull conversation as the uncomfortable wriggling of the twins turned inside of me. 

...

It was the next morning, and I was more uncomfortable than ever. I was getting bigger than expected and the more I moved around the more I felt like I was going to explode. I was after all having twins. I was the type of person in this place to be unseen, I'd watch the roaming vampires and listen in on Klaus talking to important people. I knew for one he knew I was there, but I couldn't help myself. It was then I heard him talk about Davina, god I'd missed the girl. She just had that spunk, that type of fire everyone liked. But what got me down about this morning is life, I wanted it to be normal to not have to worry about everything that was happening.  But this all concerned me, people worried about my miracle children, they thought my cildren would bing the end of everything. However, all I wanted was a family I wanted to raise my children and bring them up in a world with all their parents alive.