Chapter Forty Seven - "Klaus..."

PART FORTY SEVEN

Bold italic = communication through the mind

Italics = Sign language

Astrid's POV - Unedited 

By this point in time I was utterly exhausted. I felt sick and in pain, and my entire body felt like it was on fire. I sat carefully back down next to Hayley as she stood up to pace like I was doing before. 

"I can see that look in you eye.. your thinking way to much, just calm down okay" I looked up at Hayley earning her one of my glares. 

'I will not calm down. I'm freaking out, I feel like shit, and everything is just so overwhelming' After ranting to her I lifted my hands to my head as I tried to calm the visions. Since coming to New Orleans its like everything is heightened. I felt everything, especially more connected to Niklaus, and then it happened. The one thing that hadn't happened since I saw Klaus last. It was another memory one I hadn't seen before. It didn't look old or from my past or his. I stood in the yard of some home and up ahead of me stood Niklaus standing on a veranda. He looked down at me smiling and I just knew he was looking at me. I felt little tugs at my arms and I looked down to see two little girls, one with blonde curly hair and the other with bright red hair. 

"Mummy.. come on mummy come play with us!" the blonde one sung sweetly, the other just nodded in agreement. 

Then it ended I shook my head to notice Hayley crouching in front of me. 

"Woah there.. where did you go Astrid?" I shook my head at Hayley brushing her off. 

'I'm fine.. Just a vision' Hayley sighed knowing it was more than that, but I really didn't want to go into any detail at this point in time. I heard somebodies footsteps and so did Hayley. I felt weak at the knees for some reason so when I stood I lost my balance, but somebody caught me. I looked up to meet his eyes, the one person I had sorely missed. His eyes met mine and it was like everything was right again, I sighed left my lips as I looked him over and over again. To be honest I was having doubts deep down inside that I'd ever see him again. 

'Klaus?' His eyes softened as his arms tightened around my waist. 

"You remember?" My expression turned sad and Klaus helped me back up. His arms still wrapped around my waist.

'Not completely, I forgot about everything.. and then as soon as I landed in Italy it was like everything started returning.. piece by piece I started to remember everything. The visions, the dreams, the first time I met you.. The first time I changed. Everything I had forgotten I remember and then I was stuck. I wanted to come back, tell you what was happening to me.. that I was you know, by I knew.. no I felt like something bad was going to happen. I wanted to keep them safe Klaus, I wanted to keep our children safe' He looked a little taken back not knowing whether or not to believe my words. But I knew deep down inside he did, he just didn't want to believe I was pregnant. How could an original Hybrid get somebody pregnant. 

"How is this possible.." Klaus stepped back not knowing whether or not to look at me. "Vampires can't procreate.. your all lying to me" Klaus was panicking I could see it in his eyes. Something he couldn't control, something he couldn't change or make it what he wants. I wanted to step forward and comfort me but Elijah stopped me. 

"But werwolves can procreate" Sophie spoke out of no where. I looked over at the women and growled starling nearly everyone even Klaus. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a wolf. You're the original Hybrid. The first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of natures loopholes" Sophie was really starting to get on my nerves. I grabbed my head in pain stumbling a little only to have Elijah keep ahold of me. 

"This can't be...This isn't possible!.. you've been with somebody haven't you!" he screamed looking over at me. I've never felt so wrong about something, he looked heart broken and I didn't want to see him that way. I couldn't see him that way. 

"No!" My strangled scream frightened everyone. To all the people who knew me they know I don't speak. But I had to find a way to say something. I could see the visible gulp Klaus took as he stared at me. 'I would never cheat on the person I love.. do you think that low of me. I love you Niklaus, and nothing will change that.. even if everyone thinks your a monster or an abomination you will always have me on your side.. but you stand here and question whether or not I've slept with someone I haven't... You wanna know when I found out I was pregnant the day you took me to Italy.. Lamira foretold our children, saying the ancestors spoke of a balance in which they carry life. I wanted to tell you and I was going to tell you but you went and wiped my memory being a selfish bastard sending me away forgetting the one person who actually cared about me' I was in tears as I stood there having a silent conversation with Klaus. His own eyes watered and I could tell he was listening to the heart beats as he looked down at my stomach. He knew I was telling the truth, but I guess in typically Klaus fashion he had to say something stupid like he just did. 

"Look here Klaus. My sister gave her life to confirm Astrid's pregnancy. Because of Jane-Ann's sacrifice. The life of her and her babies are now in our control do you hear me. We keep them safe or we kill them" I gulped holding my stomach feeling even sicker than before. "If you don't help us take down Marcel. So help me Astrid will not live long enough to see her first maternity dress" I tried pouncing on Sophie but Hayley held me back. 

"Enough! of this. If you want Marcel dead I'll do it myself" Elijah stepped forward form behind Hayley and I as he walked around to Sophie. 

"We can't not yet" she spoke calmly. "We have a clear plan we have to follow, and there are rules." I wasn't liking this I could see Klaus getting even more furious by the second as Sophie spoke. 

"How dare you command me.. dangling this over me. She is not to be used against me you here me, I knew this would happen. You will not be threatening my wife, you hear me. You perceive her as my weakness, but she's just the strength I need to kill you" My heart flutter hearing him say that. I remember when he proposed, we hadn't gotten married yet.. but I honestly don't think we will with everything that is happening. 

"But you can't you kill me you kill her.. Haven't you noticed since she fell pregnant you haven't felt that same connection. It's because her babies are connected to her, so whilst she's pregnant she won't heal like she did before.. But only now she's connected to me" Sophie smiled at Klaus as he face flared in anger. Without a second though later Niklaus disappears out of sight leaving Elijah myself and Hayley with Sophie. 

'I can't.. I can't be in here any longer, I can't breathe' If you really looked at me you could see I was panicking. I tried to leave but  a bunch of witches blocked our exit. 

"Stop this!" I could hear Elijah but everything inside my head was working on over load. I felt myself become weak and my body slipped and I felt back into somebodies arms before everything went dark. Before I passed out I heard Hayley's voice. 

"It's okay Astrid.. were going to be okay" 

 were going to be okay"