Be my baby

{ 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ~ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙮 }

' 𝙤𝙝 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮, 𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪'

𝙍𝙚𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
_________________________________
Reece sat on the couch, leg bouncing up and down as he fiddled with his thumbs, trying to calm his nerves. They were backstage, getting ready and buzzed up for the show. It was a big one, the first in Europe as they finished the American and uk tour a while ago.

That itself was justification for his unnerving, internal panic. But no, added to that, was the badgering throughs that we're running through his head. It had only been a short period of time since him and George confessed their long building love for each other, but it had felt like forever ago since they could kiss so freely. But despite the unhinged happiness that has settled around them recently, there was still one thing rummaging around in his mind.

George wasn't his boyfriend. He couldn't call him 'his'. He was just the boy he loved, nothing more. But as he sat here, watching George pluck his guitar so effortlessly, angelic voice drifting through the air. He knew, he wanted him to be so much more than a simple love fling. He wanted to wake up eveyday, turn towards the small blond and say: yeah, he's my boyfriend.

But his nerves were sky-rocketing even as the thoughts passed through his mind. It would have to be perfect, he would have to pour his heart and soul into making it the magical movie scenario in his head. But even then, the question still lingered in his mind.

What if he said no?

He could ruin this whole thing, his life was so perfect right know, everything he'd ever needed at right in front of him. What if he ruined it all? What if George didn't want to be in a relationship, maybe it's a casual fling?

Something in his mind was already debunking the theory. George wasn't like that, he knew that. He wasn't one to declare his love and then simply skip away. No, this was real.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He snapped out of his wandering thoughts, glancing beside him to see George leaning over to him, arm leaning softly on his shoulder.

He smiled, easing George's concerned eyes. There had been enough concern passing through both of them recently to do a lifetime, he didn't want anymore.

"Oh it's nothing, I'm fine, this shows going to be fun." George's eyes told him he didn't belief a single word coming out of his mouth, a frown still present before he nodded skeptically.

"Are you sure? You look nervous. Is it just showtime nerves building up?" He nodded as George draped an arm around him, head leaning into his shoulder as he set the guitar away.

Nervous? Hell yes. Showtime nerves? Not so much. But he couldn't know that, it would disrupt everything, so he went for a quick nod, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah it never gets any easier. What about you? Are you feeling ok, you'll tell me if you get overwhelm-"

"Reece! This is about you, not me. But yes, I'll tell you if it's get too much, but I'm fine. Really." He felt a small smile reach his lips as he glanced across, watching as George rested on his shoulder. How was he this lucky? What did he do to deserve him?