Come on home

{ 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 ~ 𝙡𝙚𝙬𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 }

'𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬.
𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 '

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
____________________________________

George sat on the bed, huffing as the doctor spoke to him, words reaching his ears but then simply flowing straight back out again, certainly not staying long enough for him to fully register them. He's not trying to be rude, of course he is eternally grateful for all their help. But he gets it. He'd messed up again, and now it was a burden to everyone in this room. The doctors, Blake, and Reece. All victims of his melodramatic show.

"George. We really need you to listen right now. You were very malnourished and your body was under a lot of stress when you came in. I don't know if you know how serious that could be, your body can't handle all that pressure, it could start to fail if you continue with disregarding your health." His eyes widened a little. Opening his mouth to question what was being said, but his words were caught on his tongue, and Reece was far quicker.

"What?! What do you mean? I-is it that bad?" He shifts his feet as he sits next to him on the same plastic chair that he'd refused to leave the past two days. He felt his chest tighten in guilt, the pure fear in Reece's eyes, displayed so evidently it physically sent him pain. This was all his fault.

"Well, hypothetically, chronic stress can be extremely serious, and certainly needs to be watched carefully. It can disrup everything in your body: immune system, blood vessels. It could even go as far to cause a heart attack." He felt his own breath hitch, eyes snapping from the doctor to beside him, sacred eyes meeting green ones, looking equally shocked. He felt at loss for words as he stared at everyone in the room, now an eerie silence filling the atmosphere.

The doctor smiled, sincere and warm before he spoke again, tone significantly softer. "Honestly, that is very unlikely right now. But it just goes to show how serious this can get, especially if you don't eat properly and bottle up all that stress." George nodded sombrely, not meeting the doctor's eyes, instead he focused his gaze on the albicant walls beside him.

"I'll arrange a psychiatric assessment for you. Until then, you can be discharged." He didn't hear anything else he had to say, he couldn't.

A psychiatric assessment. That meant questions, lots and lots of pathetic questions about what was currently spinning around in his brain, why it was malfunctioning so badly. He didn't need to be fixed like some kind of machine, he was fine. And even if he wasn't, he could be. If he tried, himself, he could be fine.

He jumped a little as he felt a warm hand gently brush across his, before he tilted his head over to see Reece, lightly grabbing his hand with a tight- lipped smile aimed at him. He felt himself involuntarily relax, shoulders dropping down a fraction as he smiled at the doctor who was now heading towards the door, and with one last nod, was gone.

He sighed in relief, dropping down dramatically on his bed. He'd seen out of the corner of his eyes, Blake, comin heading towards him with a pitiful expression. He wanted to slap him. Sure he loved him, but pity was not what he needed right now. He needed to get out of here.

" Blake, don't even start. I'm f-"

"George! Did you not listen to a word he just said? Are you really going to be ignorant towards a doctor telling you your fucking heart could stop?" His gaze snapped over to Reece, who was now standing up, looking slightly distressed although he hid it well, but yet it could still be perceived.