Long way down

{ 𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 • 𝙏𝙤𝙢 𝙤𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙡  }

Reece's pov.
____________________________________
* mental health discussion etc.* TW? Nothing bad happens but if you don't like reading about anxiety etc.

Reece leaped from his seat, going to grab George to check he was ok before a hand grabs out and stops him.

"Blake! Stop he looks upset!" He tried to free his hand from Blake's but Blake was determined and his mind couldn't make sense of it. Why was Blake doing this? Didn't he care about George like he did?

"Maybe he needs a minute, he looks really overwhelmed... I think we should give him some space." Reece understood what he was saying, but this wasn't like George. He never ran out like that, he would always come to someone to talk, he would always come to him.

Reece looked Blake in the eye one more time, his mind completing what to do. After a few long seconds he yanked his hand, hard enough that he stumbles back but that doesn't falter him as he dashes for the door.

"George?!" He runs down the hall, eyes flickering all around him, desperate to see the familiar light blond head among the sea of people, but he couldn't. He was left stuck as he ran out the front door, hoping that George came out for some fresh air, but he was no where to be seen and Reece felt nausea building up in his stomach. He just knew something wasn't right.

He paused for a few seconds, willing himself to think clearly as he pulled out his phone from his pocket, bringing his finger down slightly aggressively on George's contact number, silently praying for him to pick up.

Pick up pick up pick up

He picked up.

"George?! Wher-" he started but was quickly cut off by a voice calling through the phone, and his face scrunched in confusion as he quickly turned behind him.

"Sorry mate, not George"

Blake was standing behind him, a sympathetic look on his face as he gripped George's phone right in his left hand.

Reece felt his chest tighten inexplicably further as he looked at Blake.

"Have you looked for him in here? Is he- is he in the bathroom?" Reece went to move past Blake but he held an arm out, stopping him in his tracks, an serious look plastered over his face that made Reece's heart stop.

"Wha-"

"He's not here Reece" Blake still had his stretched arm out in front of Reece's chest as if Reece would suddenly start running away.

"Not in the bathroom? Ok hes probably just waking around..."

"No he's not here Reece. Everyone had checked, he must of left." Reece stares in confusion as Blake finished his sentence. George didn't know This area very well, so where could he be going?

"What why- we have to go find him" he exclaimed as he pushed blakes arm away, looking back at the front door.

"Reece calm down ok? He just left a few minutes ago, maybe he just needs to go for a walk? Some peace after the stress of tour. You know how anxious he gets about these things" Blake explained, using his eyes to emphasise his seriousness. The look on his face was a warning to Reece and so he hesitantly felt himself agreeing to give George some space, no matter how much his inner thoughts protested the idea.

"Let's go back to the hotel, yeah?" Blake grabbed his shoulder, walking out the front door with him on the way to the hotel, where Reece silently prayed that's were George was currently hiding.