Out like a light

{ 𝙊𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ~ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙨 }

𝙍𝙚𝙚𝙘𝙚 & 𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
____________________________________

He screamed as George's head hit the ground, wrapping his arms around his waist as he brought him up and closer to him, falling hard on his knees as he lowered him onto the ground.

His brain wouldn't work properly as he stared at George's face, calm and blank as his eyes remained closed.

"G-George, wake up." He whispered as he cradled George's head, freezing as he felt a sticky, hot substance residing behind it, exactly where it had slammed so ruthlessly into the ground. He brought his hand up slowly, eyes widening impossibly further as he stared at the crimson red coating his hand.

"BLAKE! There's blood! W-why is there-" Blake was at his side in an instant, already running over as soon as George had collapsed. Reece could barely acknowledge his presence as his hands shook, patiently waiting, praying, that George would just wake up and be fine. He had to be fine, he had to be-

"Reece! Reece we need to get someone- a medic, ok? Do you want me or you to go?" He already knew the answer and so Reece just shook his head weakly, not daring to let his eyes drift away from George's small form, clutched so desperately in his arms.

He felt Blake's presence leave but he didn't bother looking up, instead he focused his eyes on George's chest, watching it intensely as it rose up and continued to fall back down, reassuring him that he was ok. It was all ok.

But it wasn't ok, because George was laying in his arms, unmoving and blood pouring out of his head, not matter how hard reece tried to stop it with his clammy hand, it just kept coming and coming. This was all his fault, if he had just noticed sooner, if he had just caught him properly like he was supposed to, before his head hit the ground. He would be ok. But he wasn't.

"George...I-it's ok, I'm here it's ok" his broken whispers reached his ears as they echoed off the eerie silence that filled the room, a horrifying silence that felt like it was suffocating him, closing in as the seconds passed, making they feel like hours. The only sound he could hear was his ragged breathing, unable and unbothered to steady it to a normal pace.

Suddenly there were hands grabbing him and he flinched, eyes snapping around him as people surrounded them, hands still clutching George with just as much desperation, if not more.

"Reece, come on, we need to give them space." His eyebrows furrowed as he looked behind him, teary eyes meeting Blake's gentle ones as he hauled him away from George, who was now surrounded by medics, poking around him like they had the right to do so.

"B-Blake..." Blake simply nodded his head, pulling his shoulders towards him to bring him into a hug, burying his head in his shoulder as he started to sob, unable to contain it.

"I know, shush it's ok" he rubbed his back as if that would help but he couldn't bring his mind to focus on anything other than the imagines of George collapsing that were playing through his head, the horrifying thud still echoing in his ears

"H-he won't wake up...why- why won't he w-wake up?"

He blearily peaked his eyes open, blinking rapidly as the white light strained his them, disorientating it as he tried to open them further, to no avail as he gave up and shut them once more. He felt a lumpy mattress below him, the fabric itching his skin as he tried to move around. He sighed, or at least he tried to as a deafening beeping noise sounded his ears, and it all clicked.