Let me down slow

{ 𝙇𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬 ~ 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙗 }

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫.
____________________________________

He sighed as he watched Reece from the other side of the brown Leather couch, the exact same one they had cuddled on just a day ago. Now, Reece couldn't be further away, staring at his phone as he ignores George's existence. It's not that he's hurt by not obtaining Reece's attention, of course he wasn't.

But this was strange. It was very, very strange. They kissed on Monday, even went as far as to admit that it wasn't a mistake. That meant that Reece felt the same, didn't it? On Tuesday, George had been ecstatic, practically bouncing around as he told Blake everything that had happened, unable to keep it to himself.

He frowned as he remembered why Reece hadn't been there, sitting with them as they laughed and ate breakfast. Ana wanted to take him on a date. George didn't focus his attention on it too much yesterday, his mind was so sure that Reece would end things with her, it was the only reasonable way forward, wasn't it?

But yet he sat there , heart breaking as he watched ana stroll in through the door, heading straight for Reece. Or more specifically, Reece's lap. She sat there comfortably, shifting around as she hung her arms around his neck. He looked tense, his shoulders were hunched and he was biting his lip, something he always did when he was a little distressed. But what did George know? Nothing apparently. Reece lied to him, and now he was certain of absolutely nothing.

He caught Blake's confused eyes as he directed his gaze away from the two cuddled up lovers, anger boiling in his blood, quickly amplifying as he heard her ugly, ear piercing giggle.

Blake gestured his hand over to them in a confused manner, and he simply shrugged his shoulders, looking defeated as he stared at the ground sombrely.

He seen Blake's face shift into annoyance and his heart swelled for only a few seconds, at least someone cared. He shook his head as a 'no' and Blake slouched down, pity so clear in his eyes George felt like screaming. He didn't want pity, like he was some lost puppy who just had his heart broken.

He heard small smooching noises beside him and his gaze snapped across, heart crushing into a thousand pieces as he did. They were kissing, right in front of him. She was kissing those lips like he hadn't stuck his to them so passionately just a few days ago.

"Reece can I speak to you for a moment" he almost jumped himself at how cold and irritated his voice had come out, anger rising out of nowhere as he stands up, a sudden fierce determination washing over him.

Reece breaks away from the disgusting kiss, eyes darting up to him, looking quite saddened as he quickly pushes Ana off and follows him out to the corridor.

Why should he have the right to look sad, isn't she what he wants? Was he imagining kissing her when he kissed him on that roof? His mind was replaying the words that he said to him over and over again. I've never kissed her like I kissed you. He had been over the moon to hear those words, but right now, the meant nothing. They didn't make sense, but did anything?

They walked out of the room, heading towards the small kitchen-like room right next to them. The term 'kitchen' was used likely as it contained an old microwave and a broken coffee machine placed on some dirty, muted brown counters.George peeped his head around, it was all clear.

He swiftly turned around as Reece hastily shut the door, looking at him with uncertainty.

"What the fuck Reece?" His voice was a lot more startling that he had intended, but he didn't care because his mind was going ninety miles an hour as it spun around, frantically looking for an answer.

"George I can explain, please! I-"

"Did it mean nothing to you?" His broken whisper made its way through both of their ears, both stopping and staring. He waited for an answer, but it didn't come. He could feel his pulse echoing in his ears as he listened to the silence, telling him much more than words ever could. His mother had always told him ' it's not the words you need to listen for, it's the silence that'll answer all your questions, tell you everything you need to know' he always remembered that, but he never imagined he would relate to it. Words contained lies, but the silence is nothing but hard truth.

It meant nothing to him, he didn't like him, he didn't even care. That's what the silence was revealing. He didn't even have the courage to answer the bloody question.

"All right then, I guess I have my answer." He moved to brush past him, but a desperate hand grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop in his tracks. He turned his head hesitantly, not eager to look into Reece's daring green eyes. He couldn't, it would break him when he seen the disgust and disinterest shining brightly in them. He did it anyway, for he was already broken. But as he stared into them, he didn't meet revolt and regret, no. It was compassion, gentleness, fondness.

George would even say he could see love shining oh so brightly, but he couldn't. That was impossible, he knew that now.

"George...I-" his face changed then, in mere seconds it had hone distant and cold, not the Reece he knew and possibly even loved.

"it meant nothing to me. I was wrong, it was a mistake. I was confused and distressed and you were there at the wrong time." He didn't look at George as he spoke, instead finding the ground much more appealing to look at it, and he understood then. Why look at his horrible face when the dirty ground they were stepping all over was an upgrade.

He felt tears slip down his face as Reece continued, voice gradually becoming harder and colder as he did. The words were already ringing in his head, he didn't love him. Not like George loves him, with all his heart. But it was useless, Reece hated him.

"I'm in love with...Ana. I'm not- I'm not in love with you, I'm sorry." He felt the strong force of anger that had pulled at him earlier resurface. No. This wasn't right, something wasn't right.

He said it wasn't a mistake. He'd said it with such...certainty. It couldn't be a lie, he wouldn't know what to do if it was.

"No! Reece What has changed? It was a day ago that we kissed, for the second time in what, a month? Stop messing with my head!" He was shouting now, but even then he doubted if Reece could hear him. No matter how loud he screamed, Reece wouldn't hear his forever quiet voice.

"George please just- just drop it! I'm not lyi-"

"What has that bitch got over you reece!? What has she done? You don't love her, I know you don't!" Reeces face contoured into anger then, all the previous fondness that had previously been displayed had vanished, in the blink of an eye.

"For god's sake George! Can't you just wrap your head over the fact that I'm not fucking in love with you!" The room fell silent, tears streamed down both of their faces as they stood inches apart, but this time it was different.

This time, they wouldn't kiss.

George gave Reece's shoulder a pathetic attempt of a push and ran out of the room, tears streaming endlessly like an ever flowing waterfall, the salty tears drying up his mouth as they seeped in.

The words were ringing in his head as he ran out of the room, desperate to get away.

Reece wasn't in love with him, and he never was. It was just yet another delusion produced by none other than his fucked up mind.

I wasn't really meant to post this today but.. I have haha.

Please don't hate me

Thanks for reading :)