10 - Before Class Shenanigans

Bakugo's POV

I knocked on her door, and heard footsteps getting closer on the other side of it. She swung the door open and gestured for me to come in. This is the first time I've been back in here since I helped move her shit. I went and sat in the desk chair across from her bed. I looked around the room and noticed how the space looked so clean. She had a few posters up of what I assumed was her favorite anime. As I finished scanning my eyes around her room, she plopped down across from me. 

"So..."

"'So' what?" I said semi-irritated. 

"Well, I don't know... what do you wanna do or talk about?" She asked, staring at me.

"Tch, I don't know, you tell me." I said, looking away.

"Dude no. You wanted to come up here so you have to choose." I looked back at her. And I started to blush.

"Um. Well... I uh.. I guess we could get to know each other better... But only if you wan-"

"Sure." She cut me off. I stayed silent, with a surprised look on my face for a moment. I was taken aback by the fact that she so willingly agreed to it and without hesitation.

"Oh, uh okay.. Well.. um..." I paused, hesitant to ask my question.

"Go on." She gestured with her hand, telling me to continue.

"Uh so what's your family like?" I blurted out. She looked at me wide-eyed for a fraction of a second before responding.

"Well, my dad died when I was little so I don't remember him and I'm an only child."

"What about your mom?"

"... Well let's just say I don't have the best relationship with her..."

(y/n)'s POV

"What do you mean?" Katsuki asked me, pulling the desk chair closer.

"Well, for starters, she's never around. I know she is a single mom who has to support us both and pay my tuition here but it would be nice to actually see her every once and a while. And..." I hesitated to say any more.

"And...?" He got up and came and sat next to me. He gently put his hand on my knee.

"And she's done some things in the past that have really hurt me and our relationship." I kind of winced after saying it. It hurt to admit that things weren't as peachy as they might seem on the outside. As my thoughts were starting to spiral, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to face Katsuki, a tear started rolling down my cheek. He lifted his hand to wipe my tear away and then pulled me into a hug. "K-Katsuki?"

"It's okay (y/n). I'm here for you. I'm sorry I brought it up, I didn't realize it would be such a touchy subject." He said as he slowly started to rub my back, comforting me. I hugged back and nuzzled my head into his shoulder, as a few more tears rolled down my face, and soaked into his uniform. After a minute of that embrace, I pulled away. 

"Thanks Katsuki. I-... I'm really lucky to have you." I said, smiling at him.

"Yeah whatever." He said as he blushed and looked away. I let out a little giggle. "Oi, what's your problem?"

"Haha it's nothing, that was just really cute." I said and then froze for a second and started turning red and I felt my face heat up. Katsuki was staring at me and he was blushing, probably as much as I was. "Um.. um I meant like your reaction was cute, I wasn't trying t-" 

Bakugo's POV

"Oi..." I cut her off.