1 - A Summer Night

(y/n)'s POV

It was a week before I was gonna start school at UA. I would be starting as a second year. So I was training because I would be joining the hero course. What a nice night, I thought to myself. I was at the beach, doing the last few exercises left of my training regiment. It was about 9 pm and the stars looked so beautiful. *buzz buzz* I pulled out my phone to see a text from my mom saying I should start heading home. I did a few final stretches to warm up for my jog home, put my earbuds in and started running. As I turned the corner off the beach and towards a park, I ran into something hard. Or rather, it was someone. I landed on my ass from the impact and started muttering curses under my breath.

"Oi, Watch where you're going you damn extra!"

I looked up and saw an ash blonde boy, probably about my age, with crimson eyes glaring down at me.

"I-I'm sorry, my fault." I said as I stood up and started rubbing my neck. "How about I make it up to you? There's a convenience store on my way home, how about I get you a drink?" I asked him.

"Sure, whatever dumbass."

"A-Alright. I'm Okumura (y/n) by the way. What's your name?" I asked as I started leading him towards the store. 

"Bakugo Katsuki."

"Nice to meet you Bakugo!"

"Tch." He started walking and caught up to me, hands in his pockets. I looked over at him to see that he had a scowl on his face, and slumped when he walked. He was wearing black sweats and a black tank top. As I looked back up at his face, I noticed he was glaring right back at me. I quickly looked in the opposite direction, blushing and embarrassed that I got caught staring. "Oi, why were you staring at me like that?" 

"Oh um no reason really.. haha..." I answered nervously as we arrived at the store. I walked in a few steps ahead of him and went to grab my drink, it was (f/d). I turned around to see him grab a carton of chocolate milk. "Is that it? Here lemme have it so I can go pay for us." He handed me the drink then walked out to the front of the store. I finished paying and walked out to meet him. I gently punched his shoulder and handed him his chocolate milk. We both started drinking and awkwardly stood there in silence. I started just looking around at the street and the people walking by, avoiding looking at Bakugo. But after a minute of that, I happened to look over at him. His scowl was no longer on his face and his features were more relaxed, his gaze was on me with a soft look in his eyes. He then looked up and our eyes met, he turned his head away quickly, I saw a blush form on his cheeks. How long was he looking at me?... "Oi, why were you staring at me like that?" I said, referencing the way he said that to me earlier. 

"I wasn't staring you dumbass!" He practically yelled and then he finished off his chocolate milk. I smirked at him and then started giggling. "What are you laughing at stupid?!" He exclaimed 

"HAHAHA at you DUMBASS!" I yelled back.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING DUMBASS YOU DUMBASS!!" "He yelled back as he crushed the carton he was holding in his hands. I just continued laughing. As I looked back up at him and wiped away a tear from my eye from all that laughing, I noticed how he just kinda stood there with a slight smile, looking back at me. We stood staring at each other for a couple seconds before I broke the silence.

"So uh what were you doing out at the park this late?"

"Training." was all he said.

"Oh cool, me too..." I didn't know what else to say because he obviously wasn't very good a small talk. "Um.. anyways I should probably start heading home now, my mom wants me back. It was nice to meet you Bakugo. Oh and I'm sorry again for running into you earlier. Gotta go!" I started jogging back towards my house but I heard him say, "Yeah, whatever." Damn what's with his attitude? Oh well not like I'll be seeing him again. I continued jogging until I reached my front porch. I walked in and noticed that all the lights were off. Huh, guess mom's asleep already. I quietly walked up to my room and changed into my pajamas. I jumped into my bed and turned off my lights, ready to sleep.