The Ultimate Fighter Emerges

September 5th
1 year 6 months until reassignment
Y/N pov:

Well, he did it. Hajime's finally done it, he's mastered the Brawler, Rush, and Beast fighting styles, and now he's ready for the Dragon.

He cleared the easy moves pretty quickly but... There are a lot of difficult moves in the Dragon style.

He should pull through though, we're meeting up for our daily training today so he can keep practicing, also for some reason Kyoko wanted to watch us practice, he should be here by now.

After a few seconds, I heard someone calling to me.

Hajime: Y/N! Look!

Hajime was running at me with a letter in his hand, he stopped in front of me out of breath.

"A letter?"

Hajime regained his composure and spoke.

Hajime: It's a scouting letter! They want me in the main course! With you and everyone else!

"Well done!"

I grabbed the letter and read it out loud,

"Dear Hajime Hinata,

We are writing you this letter because one of our scouts has determined you skillful enough to enroll in the main course.

we are aware that you have already enrolled in the reserve course and we hope you will join us.

Your title will be The Ultimate Fighter of the 77th class.

I hope you consider this proposition and join us this year.

-Jin Kirigiri"

Certainly sounds like him.

Hajime: I'm starting tomorrow!

"Great. Once your training is finished you will have earned your spot."

Hajime: What? Aren't I done?

"You didn't forget why you learned those styles did you?"

Hajime: But... Do I really need that last style? I mean, I can already fight well!

"But you could fight even better! That is the point! You should never be okay with what you have, always strive for more!"

Hajime: ...If you say so.

Hajime looked gloomy after I said that, I put my hand on his shoulder and pulled him over to me.

"Put them up."

Hajime: What?

"Fight me. Prove these are enough."

Hajime: Here? Wouldn't that be y'know... Irresponsible?

"If anything comes our way, I will take care of it."

Hajime: But what if someone sees and tries to get me expelled?

Put both my hands on Hajime's shoulders.

"You- We, are both Ultimates, It's our duty to keep our edge."

Hajime: Well... I guess you're right.

Hajime and I nodded at each other, I felt a really strong bond between me and Hajime.

Flute: What are you two gonna kiss or something?

I looked over my shoulder to see flute sitting next to Kyoko on a bench.

Hajime: What- N-No!

"Just forget about her Hajime, she'd never understand the bond of men."

Hajime: Y-Yeah!