Edge of Dawn

???: Dang.

Jin Kirigiri uttered, accidentally cutting his finger on a piece of paper at his desk.

Jin: It'll be fine, gotta finish this.

The Kirigiri household was dead silent, only greeted by the outsides natural sounds, cars and animals faintly in the distance.

Jin sighed, unable to look away from the letter he'd been mailed from Novaselic.

He never got mail addressed to him and not the Headmaster.

Just as he was going to finally open it, there was a noise behind him, outside his office door leading to the yard.

He slowly stood up and made his way outside, sliding the door open and closed behind him.

Jin: I thought you were in...

???: I told them everything I needed to, best not stick around there.

Jim smiled slightly, looked at his son in law, standing at the gate, wearing a white t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

His prosthetic arm had been replaced with smoother design, the same as his other, made for normal living.

Jin: Just as well, don't know how much more I could've taken.

Speaking of the devil, a hellbound monster walked up next to Jin, looking past him and seeing Y/N.

Y/N: There she is.

He knelt down on one knee.

???: Papa!

Carefully running out to him, his 6 year old daughter Kasumi.

She has her lavender hair tied up with her purple yukata, matching her grandpa.

She jumped into his arms, laughing as he tossed her up and down.

He set her down, trying not to ruffle her hair.

Kasumi: Papa, Grampa got me a gift!

She held up a water balloon you'd get from a festival.

Y/N: I can see that, did you thank him?

Kasumi: Uh-huh!

Y/N took her hand.

Y/N: Thanks for watching her, Jin.

Jin: Remember to brush your teeth.

Kasumi: I will!

They left the house, walking down the sidewalk, Y/N asked if she wanted to go anywhere else.

Kasumi: I wanna see Uncle Alby!

Y/N: We can drop by, we could see Uncle Hunter too, maybe even Travis?

Kasumi: Uncle Hunnie and Uncle Tra- Tra- Trav-

Y/N: Tra-vis.

Kasumi: Tra-vis!

She had the dumbest, innocent smile when she heard their names.

It was hard at first, not calling them but their titles, but not being enlisted and being referred to as Tear or Faraam would be odd.

Y/N: Here.

They stopped outside a store called 'Hunters Dream', Y/N let Kasumi in, holding the door open for her.

Kasumi: Hunnie! Hunnie!

She sang, from behind some shelves, Hunter poked his head out, looking odd without a big leather coat and hat on.

Hunter: Little Huntress! What brings you to the Dream?