Chapter 19: Day I

Tiana's POV

I don't remember the ride to the hospital, or what Damien said after telling me Jason has been shot. But some how the doctor is in front of my face telling me something, but everything sounds like I'm in a bubble. My hearts beating out of my chest, and I think I'm gonna faint. I'm trying to calm myself calm down, but I can't. I can't help the chaotic, rapid fire of questions running through my head.

'Is he okay?'

'Is he gonna be okay?'

'Who shot him?'

'Where were his men when this happened?'

'What am I gonna tell Aiden if he doesn't make it?"

'What am I gonna do if he doesn't make it?'

I feel myself starting to hyperventilate, and black spots appear before me. My legs give out, and someone, I'm assuming Damien and or Niccolo catch me.

"Ms. Williams?" The doctor calls out to me in a concerned voice. "Are you okay?"

"I just," I stammer, shaking my head clear. "Just a little overwhelmed." I say, as Damien helps me to my feet.

"I understand Ms. Williams." The doctor says, giving me a small, understanding smile. "Your fiancé is in a coma. He was shot in the chest, but luckily it missed his heart. We removed the bullet and stopped the bleeding, and stabilized him."

"So he's gonna be okay right?" I asks tearfully and hopefully.

"That's up to him Ms. Williams." He states honestly. "Everything looks good so far, but I can't give you a for sure answer."

"I understand." I nod, appreciating the doctors honesty. "Can we see him?"

"Of course." He nods. "Let me take you to his room."

I say nothing, just nod. I follow the doctor to Jason's private room and I'm greeted by the sight of his mother sitting next to him, and holding his hand, tears streaming down her face. She turned to see me and the doctor and gave me a sad smile before standing.

She took a few steps forward to hug me and whispered that she would give us sometime alone, before walking out the door. I didn't even take the time to process the interaction, or the slight awkwardness in her demeanor. All I could focus on was Jason, lying on the bed with an IV stuck in his arm and oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. There's a steady beat coming from heart monitor, and other noise filling the light blue room. He looked pale and his hair was pushed out of his face and his were shut.

The whole scene just made me want to break down in tears again. He looked... dead. I was almost more than what I could take. I stepped forward and moved to touch his face, but stopped myself. He looks so fragile and weak, that I'm scared that if I touch him I'll break him. I know that sounds a bit over dramatic but that's how I felt.

"It's okay for you to touch him Ms. Williams." The doctor assures me. "You know he can hear you. Talking to him may help." He suggest.

"Really?" I asks, sniffling and wiping tears away in vain with the back of my hand.

"Really." He smiles before turning to walk out the door. "Press his call button if you see any changes or if you have any questions."

"Thank you doctor." I say before sitting down in the chair that Ms. Gina was occupying previously and taking his hand in both of mine. I hear the door close indicating that the doctor had left the room.

I didn't know what to say or do. All I could do was hold his hand and rub circles into his palm with my thumb. I felt like breaking down. I felt like screaming for him to wake up. And for the first time in a long time, I felt helpless. I can't help him or fix him. All I can do is wait for him to wake up and I hate it. I hate not being able to do anything. And I hate that he's in this stupid hospital.