Chapter 6: Flashback I

Jason's POV

***BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL ***

There she goes again. The girl of my dreams. The one I'm gonna marry one day. My queen.

Tiana Williams.

She doesn't know it but when I'm done with college I'm gonna make that woman my wife. We're gonna five kids and a mansion and I'll make sure she never has to work a day in her life. Hell I do that now if she let me. And that's the problem. She won't let me.

I've been asking her out ever since I moved here a few months ago and she's also shooting me down. She says that she doesn't have time for a boyfriend because she has goals that she is determined to meet and that I would just be a distraction. However what she has failed to realize is that goals that I'm determined to reach too. And one of those goals is to make her mine forever.

Running my fingers through my hair to make sure it's in check, I walk over to her locker, where she's grabbing books out and talking to her best friend/cousin Vivian Williams. Well Vivian was doing most of the talking, Tiana was just nodding and laughing along with her.

"Girl. Did you see what Tasha had on in first period. Who the hell where's shorts and a crop top in the beginning of March." Viv rants on.

"Hoes don't get cold." Tiana mumbles absently, reaching on her tiptoes to put her algebra book on the shelf.

Being the tall gentleman that I am, stride over and take the book from her and place it in the locker. "There ya go beautiful." I smile at her.

"Thanks Jason." She blushes, closing her locker and turning to walk away.

"Wait." I reach and gently take hold of her wrist.

"Don't be grabbing on her." Vivian warms me with a ferocious glare and quickly withdrawal my hand.

"Sorry." I say quickly. "I just wanted to ask Tiana something."

"Let me guess you came over here to ask her out again." Vivian says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah." I say sheepishly, looking down because I feel myself turning red.

"You just don't give up, do you white boy?" She teases me with a smirk.

"See something I like and I have to have it I guess." I say jokingly, glancing down at Tiana who has yet to acknowledge the unasked question. "So what do you say. Friday night?" I asks hopefully.

"I don't know, I kinda have to watch Bryson." She says. "Granny's out of town."

"Oh." I say disappointed. "Maybe next week then?"

"Or... I could watch Bryson that night." Vivian speaks up.

"Really." I perk up.

"Uh, Viv you don't have to do that." Tiana says to her, with a shocked look.

"I know I don't have to, but your ass needs to get out more, and I'm sick of seeing white boy's little sad puppy face when you turn him down." She then turns to me with a warning look. "Pick her up at 7:00 and don't be late."

"How's he gonna pick me up and he doesn't know where I live." Tiana points out.

Vivian just rolls her eyes and takes a notebook and a pen out of her purse. She scribbles something down and before taking the page out and shoving it into my chest.

"This is her address and number." She tells me with a sly smile.

"Uh, thanks." I say a little stunned at her boldness.