Chapter 26: I Miss You

Third Person's POV

Tiana didn't have any appointments this afternoon, and Aiden is going to be with his Grandparents this weekend, so she didn't have to leave work early today to go and pick him up. So here she was, tucked away in her office doing some back paperwork when her cell phone rang.

She took a moment to look at the caller ID and her eyes went wide from the name that flashed across her screen, but she answered it fairly quick.

"Jay..." she says his name in an unsure tone. She's been waiting on this call for so long that she almost gave up on the idea.

"Umm... Hey." He responds awkwardly, clearing his throat. "How are you?"

"I'm good... you?" She replies with a bit of timidness.

"I've been okay." He shrugs.

"Oh... Did you need something?" She asks. "If you wanna get Aiden you can just pick him up. You don't have to ask to see him as long as I know you're gonna get him."

"Umm no, it's not that." Jason stumbles over his words. "And I know that already."

"Okay then, what did something happen?" She questions, feeling a little worried at Jason's lack of talking. He's never been one for vagueness, or beat around the bush.

"Well nothing in particular, has happened." He mumbles. "I umm... I was wondering if we could talk."

"Talk?" She repeats.

"Yes... talk." He mutters feeling anxious.

"Umm when?" She inquires.

"Maybe tonight," he suggests, but he felt that it came off as more of an order, so he quickly began to correct himself. "But it doesn't have to be tonight. It can be whenever you feel you have time."

Jason hates this. Everything is so awkward right now when everything should be easy. He doesn't know how to feel or act, and her demeanor isn't giving him any clues. She's not being cold to him like he thought she would, but she isn't being very warm either. She sounds more unsure than anything and that was making him feel even more on edge.

"Tonight is fine with me." She interrupts his rambling, smiling because she's always thought nervous Jason was cute. "Where would you like to meet up?"

"We can go wherever it is that you feel the most comfortable," he tells her.

"Well then, can we meet at my apartment?" she asks him.

Tiana knows that it may sound a little forward to invite him to her apartment, but she had her reasons. She wants to be somewhere where she feels in control. She can kick him out of her apartment whenever she feels like it, and if he doesn't listen she can just call his father.

"Are you sure?" Jason gulps, feeling taken aback. He wasn't expecting her to invite him to her apartment.

"I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't sure." she giggles.

"Okay then." Jason scratches the back of his head. "What time?"

"You can just come over when you're done with work." she tells him. "I don't have any appointments left so all I have to do is close the shop up."

"Okay, that sounds fine." He agrees. "I'll see you later then?"

"See you later Jay." She says, hanging up.

She looked at the clock, and saw that it was a quarter to 3, so she still had about a couple of hours before it was time to close the shop. She could have one of the stylists do it, but she hates putting off her duties on them, especially when she didn't have much to do today.