chapter twenty-two - game

~chapter twenty-two - game~

the day of the practical exams,

"woah, (y/n)-chan... that's a lot of stuff.." pikachu pointed out. i had a whole backpack, containing the gas mask and headphone, and the pouch of weapons strapped around my right thigh, with the cat keychain dangling. aizawa-sensei eyed me suspiciously.

shit, is this too obvious?

"you will be in pairs vs one pro hero teacher. either you capture the teacher or you escape. the pairings have already been decided." aizawa-sensei announced. he then started to read out the pairings and my name was not called out.

"(y/n), your practical exam will be different. it will be you versus the teachers. escaping is not a choice for you. you have to capture the villain's boss, all might, who will be surrounded by all of us except principal nezu and power loader."

this meant that i would be up against thirteen, ectoplasm, cementoss, midnight, present mic, snipe, eraser head and finally, all might. in that order. it's just as the future me said. they would come fight me one by one. the only problem was, she couldn't get past present mic and failed.

i put my acting skills to good use and pretended to be shocked with the rest of the class. i looked over to katsuki who was already staring at me.

i will definitely save you.

"(y/n), you can do it!!!" chaco, deku and tenya cheered.

"i hope so!! deku, do you have any notes on the teachers?" i asked the hero nerd. he excitedly lent me his hero analysis book number 13. my practical exam was last so i had plenty of time to prepare.

~~

"hey, (y/n) " said tenya-kun who was walking towards me. i was sitting on the stairs, reading deku's notebook while praying.

"oh, hey tenya."

"are you okay? is anything bothering you?" he asked.

"huh? why? do i not look okay?"

"that's the thing. i noticed you've been zoning out a lot and i was really worried. uraraka told me about that fight you had with bakugo-kun. i've been meaning to find a chance to talk to you. but today.. you look too okay." he replied.

i stared into blank space for a minute. you look ToO oKay?

"that look you have, i think i had the same look before. like the calm before a storm, you know? anyway, my team will be up soon. i'll just say what todoroki said to me. look properly at what you want to be." he said before wishing me the best and walked away.

what i want to be?? i just wanna be able to save katsuki...

~~

the huge doors opened to the fake city. the same place momo and shoto did their exam. it kinda feels.. lonely.