chapter sixteen - asphyxia

~chapter sixteen - asphyxia~

"you don't know me?" he asked. oh shit, am i supposed to?

"hawks?" sho-chan and hitoshi came to the door.

"ah, eraserhead-san. i offered your daughter to intern for me, but she settled for you instead. which is why i came all the way here. i have some very important matters to discuss with aizawa (y/n)" hawks announced.

"what do you want with my daughter?" sho-chan glared.

"how about we let him in first..." hitoshi suggested.

~~

hitoshi made tea for all four of us before taking his place beside me. he was already treating this like his second home and i love it. it felt like our little family was growing.

"(y/n)-san, do you know who this is?" hawks asked before showing me his phone.

"sa.. sakura.." i clutched tightly onto my chest, trying to keep my heart from sinking. it was a selfie of me and my best friend, takami sakura. it's been so long since i last saw her beautiful face.

"that's... that's me and my best friend. wh.. where did you.." i stuttered, barely able to keep it together.

"(y/n)... takami sakura is my ancestor.."our eyes widened in shock at hawks' words.

ancestor?

"(y/n)..." hawks called while looking at me with pitiful eyes.

"wh... what.." i asked breathlessly, trying to understand what the fuck he be saying.

"you're that missing girl..." he gulped, "from a hundred and fifty years ago."

"you didn't come from another world, (y/n). you came from the past." hawks continued.

"stop..." i pleaded, while trying to catch my breath. it felt as if my heart was cracking and its pieces were spreading throughout my body, piercing me from the inside. i was not and will never be ready for the truth about the moon.

"you are a first gen quirk user! your quirk isn't just teleportation, (y/n). you can jump through space AND time!" he prodded. he was so dumbfounded by his conclusion that he couldn't realise the state i was in.

"hawks, that's enough!" sho-chan chided.

i fell to the ground unable to carry the heavy weight of the truth. the agony of the darkness i tried so hard to shut out, protruded.