chapter seventeen - see you soon

~chapter seventeen - see you soon~

"dear (y/n)" hawks read out loud. in the room with me, hitoshi, katsuki, ochaco, sho-chan, and hiza-chan.

"i don't know where you are, but i will still write this letter for when i see you again." he continued. hawks went to get these letters that had been passed down in the takami family, in hope that (y/n) returns.

"why didn't you tell me about your family situation, (y/n)? you have been missing for three weeks. i was so shocked when i went to your house with the police. your mum was wasted on the couch. she didn't even care about your whereabouts. i almost got into a physical fight with her, you know that?! and to think you lived with this woman your whole life. no more keeping secrets from me okay?!?! i'll forgive you when you come back, okay?"

"hawks, the more you read that the more she wouldn't want to stay." hiza-chan said.

he's right.

"just listen."

"hey (y/n). i graduated from high school. wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. i miss you so much. so much has happened since you left. humans have evolved, (y/n). some people have this thing called meta ability. mostly among the younger generation. it turns out that my super intelligence was actually a meta ability. remember that baby i told you about on your last birthday? your birthday marked the start of this new world.. and the start of a world without you..

i went to your house again. i've been giving her a monthly allowance, (y/n). so don't worry okay? though she always spends it in the worst possible ways. i seriously don't know how an angel like you came out from her. anyway, the world is in chaos, i'm barely making it through and people with meta abilities are being treated like aliens. so keep mine a secret okay? i love you and miss you! come back soon. xoxo." he paused before reading the third letter.

"(y/n). i'm so sorry. your mum.. she died in a car accident. it has been eight years since you went missing. i know you're somewhere out there. my family keeps telling me to give up on you but i don't want to. i don't know how to explain but i get the feeling that you miss me too. just know that i'm right here waiting for you okay? no matter how far you are, i will always be with you, (y/n)."

it felt like she was sitting right in front of me, reading these letters to me.

"(y/n)!! i got married and i'm pregnant!! don't worry, you were my one and only bridesmaid. i already plan to name my future daughter after you. i'm sure she would love to meet you one day. i hope you're okay, (y/n). you should totally fall in love with someone, get married, and grow old. it's okay if i'm not there with you just make sure you do it okay! stay happy wherever you are."

at this point, the guys in the room were covering their faces thinking about me getting married and stuff.

"dear (y/n). i think this will be my last letter to you. i don't have much time left. we are 85 years old this year, (y/n). i have 5 kids and uncountable grandchildren. i can't even remember their names, but i'll always remember yours.

i am happy with the life i lived, (y/n). it was really hard but the thought of you always kept me going. i know your life was really tough, with your mom and the jobs you had. if i were you, i'd leave too. so don't feel bad about it okay? i had a good life, and don't even think about your mom cause she really doesn't give a shit about you. omg, please don't tell my children i cursed.

anyway, trust me when i say this, you deserve all the happiness in the world. live your life the way you want to, grow old, be happy and satisfied, like i did. i'll still be waiting for you, just not in this lifetime. i'll see you soon, (y/n)"

~~

in the dream, i was sitting in a dark and empty space with nothing but light rain and the cold ground covered with a centimetre high of water.

"takami sakura, you poetic son of a bitch." i cried with a smile as i watched my teenage best friend walk towards me.

"oh come on, it got all these grown men crying." she laughed.

"i'm so sorry, sakura." i said while hugging her.

"did you not listen to what my greatx69 grandson said??? he's kinda cute though.. you tryna join my family?"

"it'll be like marrying you, so no thanks."

"i can't imagine the horrible life you would have if you stayed. especially with your time travelling meta ability."

"it's called quirks now, boomer."

"i see you're still as annoying as ever."

we continued to chat and catch up with each other for a while, until she stopped me.

"you think i don't know what you're doing?" she asked.

"what do you mean.." i was stalling for time. my heartbeat was getting slower and slower. i wanted to be with her forever, to make up for leaving her alone in that terrible world.

"i love you so much (y/n), but you can't stay with me. you have all these amazing people looking after you for me. don't hold back and don't feel guilty anymore. live your life as i did. okay? and then come tell me all about it. if you come any sooner, i'll slap your ass back to life."

"how do you know how i feel all the time"

"i told you, i'll always be with you. like a guardian angel."

"i love you too, sakura."

"see you soon"she said those final words, smiling.

~~

a tear rolled down my cheek and everyone panicked. hitoshi went to call for a doctor.

"sakura." i whispered.

"i'm here." hawks replied.

i startled awake, " oh hell naw"

i just wanna say.... i would die for hawks.
i'll try and write more happy chapters 😭