chapter one - a new world

~chapter one - a new world~

this is the story of how i became the greatest hero ever. nah i'm kidding. just read okay? <3

~~

happy birthday to me. i blew the single candle on a red velvet cupcake that i spent my savings on. in my room alone, i took out the candle and began to nibble on the cake, trying to savour every single bite. a few tears ran down my cheeks. how pathetic, (y/n).

"(y/n), what are you doing?" she barged into my room and snatched the cupcake from me before devouring it.

"anyway, I need some money." she stated.

"i.. i don't have any."

"don't give me that bullcrap" she pulled my hair before wreaking havoc in my room until she found my life's savings.

"please.. don't take that, mom." calling her mom always left a bad taste in my mouth. i was hoping that it could maybe, just maybe, turn her into one. she ignored my plea and left my room. already used to it, i closed my eyes shut and leaned my head against the wall. when will my life begin?

bzzt bzzt.

"hey (y/n)! look at this article! a godlike baby was born!" a text from my best friend, takami sakura.

"it's probably photoshopped." i replied.

my best friend doesn't know about my situation. how could i tell her that i'm the most pathetic person alive? my mum comes home eveyday high as fuck. i work four part time jobs while schooling to survive. i don't even know who or where my dad is. i'm barely surviving with little to no motivation to live. all i can do is dream that one day, things will get better. it has to, eventually. how could life get any worse than this?

anyway, i still love her and she's the only friend i have. in this hell of a life, she's my greatest escape.

i left the house and climbed to the roof, my favourite place to be. listening to my favourite song, i lay down watching the night sky. it really is a big big world. i'm sure there's many out there who have it worse. i should be grateful.

out of nowhere, i felt something brush past my leg. ew, a fucking rat. i hissed at it as it made squeaky noises. gross. looking back at the sky, i reached for it. i want to fly. i want to die. i want to run. i want to feel alive. as if talking to the moon, i asked, "can you take me far away?"

the tears in my eyes shimmered with the stars. suddenly, a grey like aura engulfed my hand. i sat up. both of my fists had it. it was like visible vibrations of air surrounding them. just what in the world is happening? as i placed my fists together, the aura joined to form a bigger one. i tried to separate my two fists, but it felt like a strong magnetic attraction preventing me to repel them. the further i separated them, the bigger the aura. confused as fuck, i just wanted to get out of the situation. i opened my arms forcefully and the next thing i knew, i hit my head really hard.

my eyes barely able to stay open, the night sky had transformed into a clean white ceiling. "what the actual fuck?" an unknown man with long hair approached me. I'm just going to sleep for a while.

my mind gave in to the pain, and i knocked out.

"hello? an unknown girl appeared in my house. please come asap. i'm not ready for kids" aizawa shouta called the police. He tied me up with his binding cloth and i was unconscious on his couch.

~~

i opened my eyes, slowly adjusting to the light, i looked around. this ain't my house. my house is wayyy smaller and wayyy dirtier. I can't move. is this... rope? the sound of footsteps got louder and the man i saw before i fainted appeared.

"d-don't t-touch me! stay away from me you pedophile!" i shouted.

"i think she's also sick in the head" he continued to talk on the phone while looking at me.

"who are you and what do you want" he asked while tightening the binding cloth. this thing does not obey the laws of physics at all.

"who are you and where am i" i asked back.

"i am eraserhead, you are in my house."

"that's a weird ass name"

"it's my hero name"

"oh i get it. you're a pedophilic fanatic. did you kidnap me, mr pedo sir? "

"what are you talking about? you fell from the ceiling and crashed my table" i turned to look at the table he was talking about. a long wooden table split in half. i did that? no wonder my head throbs.

"hm. ok but how could i possibly fall from the ceiling, mr pedo sir?"

"stop calling me that. and how would i know? it's probably your quirk." what did he say? my what?

"what quote?" i asked.

"QUIRK"

"what's that?"

"kid.. who are you and where you from"

" (y/n), i'm from Musutafu"

"how did you get in here?"

"how would i know? i thought you kidnapped me" he finally untied me.

"the police are here, get in the car"

i followed him out the door. the scorching hot sun stung my eyes for a while.

"where the fuck am i" i looked around, everything looked so foreign.

"this IS musutafu."

in the cop car, with a strange dude and a police officer, i gazed out the window. "this is not the musutafu i know." the strange dude and the police officer exchanged confused faces before showing them to me.