chapter twenty-one - shattered mirror

~chapter twenty-one - shattered mirror~

i looked at her, in the state she's in, i started tearing up. she must've gone through so much. it must've been so hard for her. it was as if i was staring at my reflection through a shattered mirror.

"no..noo... don't cry, (y/n)" she said as she started crying with me.

hugging the older me, "i'm.. i'm so sorry...."

"it's not your fault (y/n)... it's mine." she said.

"we're the same person, idiot" i gave a hollow laugh.

"(y/n)? who are you talking to?" sho-chan asked. i could hear his footsteps get louder as he walked up the stairs. i rushed to slam the door shut before locking it.

"it's nothing! i'm just talking to myself!" literally.

"ah, maybe it's that time of the month. alright then. well, don't sleep too late." he replied as he walked away.

we climbed out the window and onto the roof, where no one could hear us.

"today's the end of your written exams right? that means your practical exam is in three days. you absolutely cannot fail it. you hear me?" she asserted.

"okay..."

"listen, (y/n). i failed the practical. during the camp, the failures had extra lessons while the others had a night walk. this is why you cannot fail. during the night walk, katsuki gets kidnapped by the league of villains."

k..kidnapped?

"i wanted to go and save him but eijiro knocked me the fuck out. by the time i woke up, he was already gone." she continued.

"well that's not very manly.." why would eijiro do that?

"that's not all. in the operation to take him back, the heroes fucked up big time.. he died, (y/n). shigaraki turned him into dust."

"he fucking died?! why aren't you telling this to sho-chan?!?!" i started breathing heavily, still trying to digest her words. bakugo katsuki dies.

"i came from five years in the future, (y/n). the traitor is still not found. you can't trust anyone. not even sho-chan." she gripped my shoulders.

"no..sho-chan could never be the traitor."

"the only persons you can trust are katsuki and hitoshi." she stated.

"(y/n). i barely ate or slept for 2 years.. i locked myself in the room, not wanting to face anyone. i couldn't trust anyone. i got paranoid and kept thinking that everyone was part of katsuki's death."

she... she's insane.

"eventually, i left home." she continued.

who.. who is this person? i would never leave sho-chan. how did i change so much in five years?