Chapter 7

It took Ashton and I less than 10 minutes to get to the pizza place on main street. When we arrived, Ender and the other boys were sitting outside at an iron table.

The smell of oregano and tomatoes filled the surrounding air as Ashton's jeep pulled up to a spot in front of the restaurant and parallel parked. We both opened our doors and hopped out.

I suddenly became extremely nervous when Ashton walked around from the drivers side of the jeep and took my hand as we walked through the little gate towards the table.

I knew the guys saw it because Calum chuckled and elbowed Luke who looked up with a cheeky grin. My cheeks flared and i'm sure I looked like a tomato. Michael was in deep conversation with Ender so Ender didn't see the action.

Ashon held the gate open for me and we walked in, I walked behind Ender and placed my hands on his shoulders leaning down to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey baby bro."I smiled and he pushed me away.

"Carter!" He whined and I laughed as I took the empty seat next to him and Ashton took the one next to me.

"So how was your day?" I asked still with a smile on my face.

"Awesome! We went to the skate park and rode bikes and ate nachos and drank soda!" Ender ran through his day.

"That sounds like a blast." I smiled.

"Yeah. So what did you today?" Ender asked.

"Did some shopping and Ari stopped by for awhile." I said vaguely.

"What did you buy? I didn't make my grocery list yet." He frowned.

"I didn't go buy groceries, which by the way thanks for reminding me, I went christmas shopping."

His eyes immediately lit up.

"And don't even think about going to look for them either you sneaky little thing, I know how you operate." I pinched his cheek.

I heard Ashton chuckle at the exchange between Ender and I and I ruffled Enders hair before looking at the menu.

I was currently debating on cheese or Hawaiian when I heard my name being called.

"Well if it isn't Carter Chase!"

I looked up to see my childhood friend Joey walking up to our table. I had forgotten that he worked here.

"Joey hey!" I smiled and got up out of my seat to give him a quick hug.

"Hey little man, what's up?" Joey asked Ender and Ender greeted him with a fist-bump.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good, been working a lot. You?" Joey smiled and flipped his brown hair back.

"Good. Busy as ever." I smiled. I noticed the four tall teenagers next to me and rushed to introduce them.

"Joey this is Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton. Guys this is Joey, we went to school together." I sat back down.

"Nice to meet you mate." Ashton said and they each shook hands.

"Yeah, well I'm your server tonight so what would you like to drink?" Joey wiggled his eyebrows and then took our order.

When he left I noticed Ashton and Calum in a deep conversation with their heads close together, whispering their words.

I shrugged and struck up a conversation with Luke and Michael.

After a few minutes of us talking I felt a hand rest on the back of my chair, lightly brushing my back and looked to see Ashton now paying attention to our conversation with his arm behind me.